WAMC u2.8 smp 3.6

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mitchell Griffin

Reaction score
what are my chances? 25 ORM Missouri/Texas resident
I have a dual undergrad degree with a ugpa 2.8
I enrolled in a masters of medical science and am at a 3.6 gpa
I have hundreds of hours working as a volunteer emt and CERT member in rural communities throughout the midwest.
I won 2 national championships in college and played my sport professionally
I am planning on taking another 10 undergrad credits to boost my gpa even more after smp but that will be summer of 24
I really am only planning on applying DO/ low MD programs I could care less about where i end up I just want to be a doctor.
I have a years experience working as a bioreactor engineer as well with 4 years of research experience in different projects.
Planning on taking the MCAT in the spring and am testing around 502 on blueprint right now.
I am also planning on the HSPS scholarship as I want to work in the military.

Any advice/ help with a school list would be much appreciated. I'm planning on applying to every DO that isn't heavy IS bias.

Members don't see this ad.

what are my chances? 25 ORM Missouri/Texas resident
I have a dual undergrad degree with a ugpa 2.8
I enrolled in a masters of medical science and am at a 3.6 gpa
I have hundreds of hours working as a volunteer emt and CERT member in rural communities throughout the midwest.
I won 2 national championships in college and played my sport professionally
I am planning on taking another 10 undergrad credits to boost my gpa even more after smp but that will be summer of 24
I really am only planning on applying DO/ low MD programs I could care less about where i end up I just want to be a doctor.
I have a years experience working as a bioreactor engineer as well with 4 years of research experience in different projects.
Planning on taking the MCAT in the spring and am testing around 502 on blueprint right now.
I am also planning on the HSPS scholarship as I want to work in the military.

Any advice/ help with a school list would be much appreciated. I'm planning on applying to every DO that isn't heavy IS bias.
also I should mention that my last 90 credits in undergrad are a 3.36 pre grad school and a 3.5 post-grad school

Do you have an physician shadowing hours or non clinical volunteering hours ? Post your MCAT score here when available.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have an physician shadowing hours or non clinical volunteering hours ? Post your MCAT score here when available.
I have about 50-70 hours shadowing EM, sports med, and opt docs. several hundred non clinical volunteering hours

Where was your MMS? Why do you want to stay in Texas? Which DO schools have you checked out?
I did the Master of Medical Science (medical physiology and Pharmacology) program through the University of Florida so no linkage.
I have no preference to stay in Texas. I actually would prefer to leave Texas.
I've emailed quite a few schools and by far my number 1 is Campbell in NC