WAMC- UCLA (OOS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1048707

Wondering if it is worth it to even apply?

Date of submission: Early June
Overall GPA: 3.78
Science GPA: 3.73
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.61 (One C+ in a pre-req due to some considerable personal problems)
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 25AA, 20 PAT (All sections 23+)
State of Residence: not CA

Minority? white
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 200 from a general dentist
Volunteering Experience: 250 throught different things
Employment: Few jobs through college
Research: around 500h
Other Extracurriculars: Lots of ECs and leadership
LOR type and strength: I think theyre fine?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
very low. It’s not like it’s super expensive to apply but it’ll probably be a waste of money. I wouldn’t count on an interview. People getting in out of state have really unique experiences or stories from what I’ve seen (think Venezuelan refugee who walked on foot to the US border then worked 2 jobs in high school and throughout college to support younger siblings and family while learning English, etc. etc. you get the point).

that being said, you do have a non-zero chance of getting in. But it’s very unlikely. I was a CA resident up until a couple years ago. Better stats in all categories with some of my ECs being significantly higher, and professional work experience for a few years in a different industry. Didn’t hear anything from them.

shoot your shot though if you want. Not saying it won’t happen, but it’s very unlikely

Reactions: 1 users