WAMC: What are my chances? (DO)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted955816

Hey guys! I applied to DO schools cycle (really late) and at this point, I have lost all hope in even getting an interview with my stats! I am hoping to reapply next cycle and possibly enroll in a Masters with Linkage! (Possibly LECOM?) In case I want to apply elsewhere though while I am in the Masters program I was wondering what my chances were at other low tier DO schools!

sGPA: 3.0
cPA: 3.27
MCAT: 497

I am willing to retake the MCAT if it comes down it and I am hoping schools will look favorably at the Master's degree I am pursuing! What do you think my chances are at some low tier DO schools as a reapplicant?

Members don't see this ad.

Please use the WAMC template for more comprehensive feedback.

That said: your MCAT is not competitive and your GPA doesn't help you. What Master's program directors have you talked to? Why do you think an SMP is going to help you succeed? Are all your hours and experiences in order?

Hi!
Yeah, I def realized those stats are not competitive! Unfortunately, I got ahead of myself and applied..
I have only talked to LECOM who said a 497 and 3.3 in the program is "eligible for acceptance" whatever that means! That is, with a successful interview you are offered a seat at LECOM!

My experiences should be in order...I hope so lol
Medical Scribe: 700 hours
EMT: 140 hours
Tutor: 200 hours
Volunteered/shadowed physicians/TA's classes here and there...nothing crazy no research experience though unfortunately

I was wondering if you think I could succeed in the LECOM MMS at Erie with these stats!

I suggest all these DO schools with your stats:
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
UIWSOM
BCOM
ICOM
CHSU-COM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
Most of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you should receive interviews with your score of 497.
Apply in June and submit all your secondaries by July.