WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DCGstudent

Reaction score
Thank you in advance for taking time to look at my info. I appreciate your responses and suggestions. The school that I attended did not have a Dental or Medical school advisor so I am still learning as I go. I am still finishing prereqs. Fall-Ochem2,A&P2,Physics2 Spring- Biochem, Statistics. Other than that I have finished all of the required classes for the schools listed below.

Date of submission:
Overall GPA: 3.6
Science GPA: 3.9
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.9
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 20AA/19TS/19Ochem/20Chem/20Bio/22RC/18QR/18PA
State of Residence: Texas

Major: Computer Science
Minor: Business Management
Minority?
No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? Yes, Military

Shadowing Experience: 200 various
Volunteering Experience: 500 ( most coming from camps)
Employment: Military/ Working for college as a chem/bio tutor
Research: None?
Relevant Honors or Awards: Various academic, like deans list and magna cum laude. Lots of military awards
LOR type and strength:
1 Dentis, 2 Professors, (2 very strong, one not sure about the strength but positive)
School list:
AT Stillwater
Augusta
Colorado
Columbia
Florida
Lecom
Midwestern AZ
Nova
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Tennessee
UAN
UNC
UOP
Texas A&M
Houston
San Antonio

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for your service! Your school list looks pretty good, but I'd maybe take Columbia, MUSC, and UNC off. Not sure what UAN is (unless you meant UAB)? Columbia might be a reach with your DAT, MUSC is too expensive IS or OOS, and UNC barely accepts any OOS (and the ones they do accept have high stats). Other than those comments, I think your list is good and hopefully you get into one of your IS schools for that tuition! Good luck