WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scienceolympian

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!
Thanks for your time in reading this :)
I am a reapplicant from PA who plans to apply next cycle 2020-2021. I plan on applying mostly to DO schools, with a couple of MD schools. I am retaking my MCAT on 6/19. Here are my stats:
undergrad GPA: cgpa 3.6, sgpa 3.5
MCAT: 503 (125/128/125/125)
will have 1000+ hours of clinical experience with shadowing and volunteering
have 500+ hours of non-clinical volunteering
LOR from 3 science professors, PI, MD (couldn't get a DO letter due to COVID-19 situation), and employer from student job
Have had leadership in the post, and have just completed my senior thesis in lab

Here's my school List:
PCOM
VCOM
LECOM
AZCOM
Midwestern COM
UneCOM
California COM
Western COM
RowanSOM
Drexel
Temple
Geisenger
Wake Forest
Rosalind Franklin

Members don't see this ad.

MCAT is a little light for MD schools. DO schools you are in the hunt. I think you would need a huge jump in your score to be a competetive applicant for MD schools. Some schools average MCAT scores too. Never hurts to have a couple reach schools on your list. Good luck and best wishes!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Everyone!
Thanks for your time in reading this :)
I am a reapplicant from PA who plans to apply next cycle 2020-2021. I plan on applying mostly to DO schools, with a couple of MD schools. I am retaking my MCAT on 6/19. Here are my stats:
undergrad GPA: cgpa 3.6, sgpa 3.5
MCAT: 503 (125/128/125/125)
will have 1000+ hours of clinical experience with shadowing and volunteering
have 500+ hours of non-clinical volunteering
LOR from 3 science professors, PI, MD (couldn't get a DO letter due to COVID-19 situation), and employer from student job
Have had leadership in the post, and have just completed my senior thesis in lab

Here's my school List:
PCOM
VCOM
LECOM
AZCOM
Midwestern COM
UneCOM
California COM
Western COM
RowanSOM
Drexel
Temple
Geisenger
Wake Forest
Rosalind Franklin

I recommend:
MCW
Loyola
Rosy Franklin
WVU if from the Appalachians
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment) [maybe]
TCU/UNT
Geisinger IF you're from the Scranton area

Any DO school. I can't recommend Nova, Wm Carey, WCU, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CUHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites. UIW refuses to post their Boards scores, which is fishy.

ADD: MUCOM, NYITCOM, UNECOM, KCOM, DMU, ACOM, KYCOM

Reactions: 1 users
I recommend:
MCW
Loyola
Rosy Franklin
WVU if from the Appalachians
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment) [maybe]
TCU/UNT
Geisinger IF you're from the Scranton area

Any DO school. I can't recommend Nova, Wm Carey, WCU, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CUHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites. UIW refuses to post their Boards scores, which is fishy.

ADD: MUCOM, NYITCOM, UNECOM, KCOM, DMU, ACOM, KYCOM
Thank you so much!!!

Reactions: 1 user