WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fosho24

Reaction score
Hi everyone, as application submission day is nearing - I'm still working on making an ideal school list and thinking about my chances this cycle. Any input is greatly appreciated :)

gpa: 4.0
mcat: 507
state: IL
clinical experience: 1200 hours (scribe in ED)
research experience: 500 hours
shadowing: 52 hours (family medicine (DO), geriatrics, general surgeon (DO), and a Hospitalist)
clinical volunteering: 300 hours (at a community clinic)
Non-clinical: 200 hours (crisis text line)
other work/ec: biology club president, youth-group leader, & pharm tech for 2 years

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
Illinois
SIU
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Indiana
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
St. Louis
Creighton
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac

Reactions: 1 user
Any additional demographic information? URM/SED/rural? I would also mention you should be a desirable candidate for any DO school, so have you done any networking there considering you did shadow with two DOs?

Any additional demographic information? URM/SED/rural? I would also mention you should be a desirable candidate for any DO school, so have you done any networking there considering you did shadow with two DOs?
Not URM, not SED, but yes rural. & one of the DO docs wrote me a letter of rec! I'm applying both MD and DO both but the majority of schools are MD

Reactions: 1 user