WAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enameladvocate

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am applying this cycle to dental schools.
Date of submission: Intent to apply first available date
Overall GPA: 3.98
Science GPA:
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA:
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
24 AA- 23 TS (20-bio, 30-chem, 26-ochem), 23 PAT, 25 RC, 21 QR
State of Residence: NYS

Undergrad Attended: public university - mid-upper ranking
Major: Honors in Microbiology BS
Minor: Religious studies
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No

Shadowing Experience: ~100 general and pediatric dentist
Volunteering Experience: ~60 hours volunteering at dental clinic; ~40 hours volunteer tutor
Research: 1.5 years paid psychiatry research during school year; 2 summers of clinical trial research with published paper acknowledgment (NEJM)
Leadership: Philanthropy chair for greek organization for 1 year
Other: 4 months of EMT experience abroad before college

I definitely want to apply to as few schools as possible for cost purposes. I'm NYS resident and was wondering what the best schools to shoot for would be/ chances to get into NYS schools and other schools in the East Coast (Ivy's, Pitt, UNC, Rutgers, Temple, Tufts, Boston U, Maryland).

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have a 24 AA (23 TS, 23 PAT) and a 4.0 GPA.
I have ~2 years of research experience, 60 hours of dental clinic volunteering, ~100 hours of shadowing, ~80 hours of volunteer tutoring, and philanthropy leadership position.
I am applying from a public university that I do not think is very reputable, but I am graduating with honors.

I definitely want to apply to as few schools as possible for cost purposes. I'm NYS resident and was wondering what the best schools to shoot for would be/ chances to get into NYS schools and some of the top tier schools.

Please complete the template for a more comprehensive analysis beyond just GPA/DAT: ► How to Format your WAMC Thread ◄ . Need your demographics, major, community service, and manual dexterity.

Obviously your metrics put you in a good position as an applicant, but there's usually more to it. For sure, start with your in-state schools and your pick of private schools where you want to attend and have already networked with.

Please complete the template for a more comprehensive analysis beyond just GPA/DAT: ► How to Format your WAMC Thread ◄ . Need your demographics, major, community service, and manual dexterity.

Obviously your metrics put you in a good position as an applicant, but there's usually more to it. For sure, start with your in-state schools and your pick of private schools where you want to attend and have already networked with.
Oops- sorry I am new to this! I edited my post. Thank you for letting me know!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You should be fine getting interviews to your relatively cheap state schools, barring any red flags.

Thanks. If you have strong fine motor manual skills, you should be golden anywhere you want to attend. Make sure you connect with students through ASDA at the schools on your wish list. Figure out your ideal curriculum based on these students' feedback. And make sure everything is vetted with your application, your letters are sent in ASAP, and that you practice your interviewing skills without fail beginning tomorrow.

Hi, I am applying this cycle to dental schools.
Date of submission: Intent to apply first available date
Overall GPA: 3.98
Science GPA: 4.0
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 4.0
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 24 AA- 23 TS (20-bio, 30-chem, 26-ochem), 23 PAT, 25 RC, 21 QR
State of Residence: NYS

Undergrad Attended: public university - mid-upper ranking
Major: Honors in Microbiology BS
Minor: Religious studies
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No

Shadowing Experience: ~100 general and pediatric dentist
Volunteering Experience: ~60 hours volunteering at dental clinic; ~40 hours volunteer tutor
Research: 1.5 years paid psychiatry research during school year; 2 summers of clinical trial research with published paper acknowledgment (NEJM)
Leadership: Philanthropy chair for greek organization for 1 year
Other: 4 months of EMT experience abroad before college

I definitely want to apply to as few schools as possible for cost purposes. I'm NYS resident and was wondering what the best schools to shoot for would be/ chances to get into NYS schools and other schools in the East Coast (Ivy's, Pitt, UNC, Rutgers, Temple, Tufts, Boston U, Maryland).

don't apply to NYU...