WAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tiredandstressedout

Reaction score
Overall GPA: 3.97
Science GPA: 3.98

DAT score (include AA and all sections): July 2020 (Got pushed back due to COVID)
State of Residence: NJ

Major: Health
Minority?
No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? Kind of. Graduated 2019 and taking a few post-bac classes for pre-reqs. Now, working as a dental assistant. Decided Spring of junior year to pursue dentistry instead of speech-pathology.

Shadowing Experience: 150 including general dentist and orthodontist

Volunteering Experience: 150 for food pantry, mentoring, and event I helped create

Employment: 1500 hours as a dental assistant for general densist

Research: None

LOR type and strength: Physics, biology, dentist (employer), and health prof (Strong)

Other Extracurriculars:
Study abroad club (gave presentations to students and parents)
Relevant Honors or Awards: Highest GPA in major, Dean's List, scholarship for pre-professionals
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere: During my senior year of college, I was in night school for dental assisting. Obtained an X-ray license. Minor in sociology

School list:
Tuoro
Rutgers
UCONN
NYU
BU
Tufts
LECOM
UNC
Temple
UPenn
Pitt
Stony Brook
Maryland
MSC

I know I have a high GPA but I am genuinely worried about the DAT and when I am applying, I'm taking the DAT July 29th since it is the earliest date I could get (even have to go out of state). It feels like everyone is applying the second the application opens and I'm going to be so behind (submitting sometime in July). I'm losing so much sleep over this!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

You should still be fine, since you are a very strong candidate other than you’re missing your DAT score. Do well on the exam and you shouldn’t have any issue getting accepted, despite applying slightly behind. Applying in late july/early august isn’t a death sentence for your app. It seems like September was the cutoff of when people I met on the interview trail only got a trickle of interview invites.