WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

0Mik3cho

Dentgineer
Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Date of submission: June 16th
Overall GPA: 3.66
Science GPA: 3.65
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.88
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 28AA, 29TS, 26Bio, 28GC, 30OC, 26QR, 30RC, 30PAT
State of Residence: NY

Major: Engineering
Minor: None
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 20 in GPR program, 10 in specialty practice, 400 as dental assistant in general practice office
Volunteering Experience: 400 as EMT, 40 in COVID-19 response activities.
Employment: 800 hours as engineering intern, 400 hours as dental assistant, 70 as tutor
Research: None
Other Extracurriculars: None. I do have 100 hours in a relatively niche hobby though.
Relevant Honors or Awards: Magna Cum Laude
LOR type and strength: Committee letter with letters from 1 professor (very strong), 1 non-college instructor (good), 1 mentor (strong), 1 dentist (very strong), 1 volunteer supervisor (good).
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere: Some pre-reqs taken online.
School list: These are the only schools that I consider financially reasonable and accept online coursework. I can commute from home for a number of these schools to save costs. I am open to the possibility of reapplying if I do not get into these schools. They are listed in no particular order.
  • Columbia University
  • Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Maybe not. Still investigating the finances of this school.)
  • Marquette University
  • New York University
  • Ohio State University
  • Touro College
  • University at Buffalo
  • University of Connecticut
  • Rutgers
  • Stony Brook University (They make not accept my online pre-reqs though. Still clarifying that.)
Yes, this is mostly a validation seeking post. I am curious about the opportunity for scholarships besides HPSP. I would also like to know if there is anything I can do after applying to improve chances.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If your goal is to go to the cheapest possible schools, you might send them an email. Even if schools say they don’t accept online credits often they will make exceptions. Particularly, with high profile candidates and especially if it was only for a class or two.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Besides trying to find shadowing opportunities, do you have any specific suggestions on how to improve my application after applying?

Besides trying to find shadowing opportunities, do you have any specific suggestions on how to improve my application after applying?
Not really, your app is stacked as is.

If Stony accepts your pre-reqs, you have a great chance. It’s an excellent school, if u have any questions message me. I’ll be an incoming D1

Date of submission: June 16th
Overall GPA: 3.66
Science GPA: 3.65
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.88
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 28AA, 29TS, 26Bio, 28GC, 30OC, 26QR, 30RC, 30PAT
State of Residence: NY

Major: Engineering
Minor: None
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 20 in GPR program, 10 in specialty practice, 400 as dental assistant in general practice office
Volunteering Experience: 400 as EMT, 40 in COVID-19 response activities.
Employment: 800 hours as engineering intern, 400 hours as dental assistant, 70 as tutor
Research: None
Other Extracurriculars: None. I do have 100 hours in a relatively niche hobby though.
Relevant Honors or Awards: Magna Cum Laude
LOR type and strength: Committee letter with letters from 1 professor (very strong), 1 non-college instructor (good), 1 mentor (strong), 1 dentist (very strong), 1 volunteer supervisor (good).
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere: Some pre-reqs taken online.
School list: These are the only schools that I consider financially reasonable and accept online coursework. I can commute from home for a number of these schools to save costs. I am open to the possibility of reapplying if I do not get into these schools. They are listed in no particular order.
  • Columbia University
  • Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Maybe not. Still investigating the finances of this school.)
  • Marquette University
  • New York University
  • Ohio State University
  • Touro College
  • University at Buffalo
  • University of Connecticut
  • Rutgers
  • Stony Brook University (They make not accept my online pre-reqs though. Still clarifying that.)
Yes, this is mostly a validation seeking post. I am curious about the opportunity for scholarships besides HPSP. I would also like to know if there is anything I can do after applying to improve chances.
Wow amazing dat scores. Any chance you can write up a DAT breakdown?