• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

WAMC?

KiraDanielle98

Jun 9, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
So my score flopped (497) because I flunked the psych section and panicked for the entirety of the 6/19 exam. My top choice is KYCOM because they’re my hometown school and they have more to offer for those of us in rural backgrounds. I hear they screen at 498 MCAT and 3.2 sGPA and cGPA.

My stats are:

3.55 cGPA

3.3 sGPA

497MCAT

124 chem/phys

125 CARS

126 bio

122 Psych

What do you think my chance of an interview/acceptance are?

KiraDanielle98

Jun 9, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
What are your ECs ? Any physician shadowing hours or clinical volunteering or employment hours with patient contact ?
since sophomore year I’ve participated in pre-med club, chem club, biological honor society, was VP and President of a Greek organization, and I had some clinical practice at my CNA training along with about 40 hours of hospital volunteer work. Sadly no physician shadowing yet due to COVID, since I was planning to spend my entire gap year shadowing various physicians around Pikeville Medical Center.

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
  1. Attending Physician
You could receive interviews at some DO schools with your MCAT of 497 and I suggest all these:
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
MU-COM
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
UIWSOM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
WCU-COM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
CUSOM
You could also add these schools though they are less desirable for various reasons:
ICOM
BCOM
LMU-DCOM
LUCOM
CHSU-COM

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.