WAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KiraDanielle98

Reaction score
So my score flopped (497) because I flunked the psych section and panicked for the entirety of the 6/19 exam. My top choice is KYCOM because they’re my hometown school and they have more to offer for those of us in rural backgrounds. I hear they screen at 498 MCAT and 3.2 sGPA and cGPA.

My stats are:

3.55 cGPA

3.3 sGPA

497MCAT

124 chem/phys

125 CARS

126 bio

122 Psych

What do you think my chance of an interview/acceptance are?

Members don't see this ad.

What are your ECs ? Any physician shadowing hours or clinical volunteering or employment hours with patient contact ?

What are your ECs ? Any physician shadowing hours or clinical volunteering or employment hours with patient contact ?
since sophomore year I’ve participated in pre-med club, chem club, biological honor society, was VP and President of a Greek organization, and I had some clinical practice at my CNA training along with about 40 hours of hospital volunteer work. Sadly no physician shadowing yet due to COVID, since I was planning to spend my entire gap year shadowing various physicians around Pikeville Medical Center.

You could receive interviews at some DO schools with your MCAT of 497 and I suggest all these:
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
MU-COM
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
UIWSOM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
WCU-COM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
CUSOM
You could also add these schools though they are less desirable for various reasons:
ICOM
BCOM
LMU-DCOM
LUCOM
CHSU-COM

Reactions: 1 user