WAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sukhi

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Date of submission: Plan on submitting early June
Overall GPA: 3.42 (3.50 at the end of this semester)
Science GPA: 3.30 (3.39 at the end of this semester)
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.44 (3.52 at the end of this semester)
DAT score (include AA and all sections): AA: 20 / TS: 18 / BIO: 17 / GC: 18 / OC: 18 / PAT: 18 / QR: 23 / RC: 25 (retaking in June 2021)
State of Residence: PA

Major: Biology (B.S.)
Minor: Chemistry and Healthcare Management
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 450 (split between general and specialties)
Volunteering Experience: 150 @ local school / around 100 @ different community clinic
Employment: Around 1300 at an endodontist / 200 as Nursing Aide
Research: Approved for Research in Fall; have not confirmed a site yet. Plan to do so after finals.
Other Extracurriculars: UCLA SHPEP program in 2020 / ASDA Pre-dental Society at School (Leadership roles over the years: E-Board Director/Secretary/President this upcoming year)
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean’s List and Founder’s Scholar
LOR type and strength: Committee Letter (Strong) / Calculus Teacher (Strongest; had me for two courses and appointed me as a tutor for other students) / Physics Professor (Relatively Strong) / Humanities Professor (Very Strong) / Endodontist (Very Strong)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere: Had a low freshman year starting with a 2.9 gpa but an upward trend since

School list:
Western University
Roseman
University of Maryland
University of Colorado
UPitt
Rutgers
Temple Kornberg
Lake Erie
UCLA (reach)
Indiana

What other schools should I add and which schools would you recommend removing? Thank you in advance!
why are you retaking?
how much time do you have between finals and your DAT date?

why are you retaking?
how much time do you have between finals and your DAT date?
I'm retaking bc of the lower scores in BIO and PAT, I feel like I should have higher scores to compensate for my gpa (especially science pga) being on the lower end. I will also have approx. 2 months between finals and the DAT test date.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm retaking bc of the lower scores in BIO and PAT, I feel like I should have higher scores to compensate for my gpa (especially science pga) being on the lower end. I will also have approx. 2 months between finals and the DAT test date.
your gpa is not "on the lower end"
avg matriculant GPA is 3.55, so while it is lower than that, it is not "on the lower end"
if you are sure you will do better, and have enough time and money, go for it
good luck to you...

Reactions: 1 user
your gpa is not "on the lower end"
avg matriculant GPA is 3.55, so while it is lower than that, it is not "on the lower end"
if you are sure you will do better, and have enough time and money, go for it
good luck to you...
I'm pretty confident with retake as I'm in a much better headspace than last year and at a much better spot with my material review. I was hesitant at first to retake but ultimately my pre-health advisor recommended I do it as well. Thank you for the well wishes!