Wanna be a PT

Started by CLGUY
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CLGUY

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, just wondering if I could have your thoughts. I've applied to three schools, and am waiting for the reply. I have a 3.5 GPA, 1320 GRE, 70 hours of experience with PTs, as well as over 1000 hours in athletic training as a student. In undergrad, I held positions in three student organizations (SATO: Class rep, Hall Council: Floor rep, Beta Theta Pi: Refounding father, vice prez, secretary, scholarship, treasurer, new member educator). With that, do you think I would be a strong applicant?
I know theres more to it than that, but just wanted to ask anyway.
Thanks!
 
Yeah, you got a good shot. Depends on how strong the other applicants are tho I guess.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow, sounds like you're set! Do the schools you applied to have interviews? Either way you seem like a competitive applicant. 🙂
 
Wow, sounds like you're set! Do the schools you applied to have interviews? Either way you seem like a competitive applicant. 🙂
Unfortunately, only 1/3 have interviews. I really wanted them tho cause I know I could have nailed an interview!
 
And thank you all! I'm just anxious and wanted to know that I didn't waste my time applying. :laugh:
 
Don't be sad Merry! Theres lots of factors adcomms look at. I don't know what your stats are, but what I posted about myself are only the good stuff. I'm pretty sure I had a sub par personal statement, I retook the GRE, and some parts of my transcripts are sketchy (failed and subsequently retook two classes).
 
Have a shot? Are you kidding? I got into every school I applied for and I have a 3.4 gpa, 1220 GRE, and 70 hours of volunteering, and my recommendation letters were from people who I only knew for a week.
 
Best of luck! It really is too bad that only 1/3 are interviews; I find an interview really important for this profession. If it's any comfort, I have similar stats, and I got into all the schools I applied to with a lot of scholarship. Your stats seem fine; as long as you come across genuinely wanting to be a PT in your application and your life (on paper) represents that, you'll be fine.