want to apply...dont know where to start...

Started by Kussemek
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kussemek

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am interested in applying to schools in Australia...but have no idea where to start. Any help will be appreciated!
 
Kussemek said:
I am interested in applying to schools in Australia...but have no idea where to start. Any help will be appreciated!

What you need to do first (if you haven't already) is either write the MCAT or GAMSAT. After that, you can apply for most Australian med schools through ACER.

More info on what these acronyms are can be found here:
http://www.acer.edu.au/gamsat/intro_gmac.html

Good luck!
 
A great place to find out about med entry, and anything else concerning med school in Australia, is the Paging Dr forum. Also if you have any specific questions about application to schools in Australia I'm a med student there and available to answer any questions you want to ask.

The link is,

http://vtac.proboards51.com/index.cgi

Cheers. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,
I have been away for a few days and been unable to check this forum. Thanks for the suggestions. I have written the MCAT and am in search of the next step.
Thanks!
 
quick question, is the deadline passed for 2006? the soonest i can apply is for fall 2007?
 
Kussemek said:
quick question, is the deadline passed for 2006? the soonest i can apply is for fall 2007?

correct. that application may be due next ... july? I think.