Want to attend Fall 2010, What do I need to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MRSMUFFEN

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me what is truly needed with time line to be ready for admission Fall 2010? I just got my BS in BA and I'm taking 15 credits spring pre-reqs and prereqs for major. In addition to summer and fall classes 09 all, they way through Spring 2010 if needed.

1.) When should I take the DAT (after what class),
2.) When should I apply
3.) When will AADSAS new application & booklet be available.
4.) How should I prepare & what should I expect
5.) Explain the process to me, related to my situation (info above)

Any comments would be nice and will make you the apple of my eye

. :love::xf:
Want to attend Fall 2010, Hope of class 2014

Members don't see this ad.

1. Before May 15, latest early June and after you have completed Bio, Chem, Orgo and if you're bio knowledge isn't great then maybe after a few upper level classes. Remember though, if you do not as well as you hoped/liked then you must wait 3months before you can retake it.

2. Earliest possible date which is May 15. Even if you have not taken your DAT by then submit your application and update the schools once you have taken it.

3. New book will be available sometime in February 2009

4. Prepare by filling out the current 2009 AADSAS application. This way you will have all your answers ready to go.

5. Well you apply, wait for interviews/rejections, attend interviews, wait for an acceptance/rejection/waitlist

1) Can take before Nov. 1st of next year, but wouldn't wait that long. I take mine in August, which was just in time for the first round of interview invitations.
2) Apply May 15th if you have your spring grades in by then; otherwise, the day your spring grades are available/finalized.

Rest already explained.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks I sure will. I didn't know you can submitt your application before taking the DAT. Thanks I'll complete the 2009 application asap.

Thanks I sure will. I didn't know you can submitt your application before taking the DAT. Thanks I'll complete the 2009 application asap.

Yes, and it is recommended that you submit it even before your DAT scores come in. If you feel like you are not ready to take the DAT in May, you can wait, study more, and take it in July or August. The more comfortable you feel with the idea of taking the test, the better you will do. I wouldn't just take it in May if I felt I wasn't prepared. I took mine in August and studied the whole summer. I felt ready to take it and I did well for the most part.

Yes, and it is recommended that you submit it even before your DAT scores come in. If you feel like you are not ready to take the DAT in May, you can wait, study more, and take it in July or August. The more comfortable you feel with the idea of taking the test, the better you will do. I wouldn't just take it in May if I felt I wasn't prepared. I took mine in August and studied the whole summer. I felt ready to take it and I did well for the most part.

Hi there - just wondering - what courses had you finished prior to taking the DAT? Were you taking classes while preparing for it, or did you dedicate all your time to studying for it and NOT take any other classes during that time?

I had Bio I, BioII, Chem I, Chem II, Orgo I, OrgoII (and a lot more upper level classes). I didn't do anything but study all summer. I would study (productively) about 4 hours a day and take practice tests. No classes at the time. I didn't study everyday, but about 5 days a week, and towards the end I was studying every day tho. I worked my way through the Kaplan book (took notes), and Destroyer for organic (made notecards for the reagents). And then like a few weeks before the test I started taking practice tests like every other day to build up my stamina.

Can anyone please tell me what is truly needed with time line to be ready for admission Fall 2010? I just got my BS in BA and I'm taking 15 credits spring pre-reqs and prereqs for major. In addition to summer and fall classes 09 all, they way through Spring 2010 if needed.

1.) When should I take the DAT (after what class),
2.) When should I apply
3.) When will AADSAS new application & booklet be available.
4.) How should I prepare & what should I expect
5.) Explain the process to me, related to my situation (info above)

Any comments would be nice and will make you the apple of my eye

. :love::xf:
Want to attend Fall 2010, Hope of class 2014

1) I took my DAT's at the end of march. :) right after spring break. I did that so that if i had to take them a second time... i would have the second scores out and sent to all the schools at the latest... mid-july

2) the app opens on may 15... go online and fill it out that day and submit it. it took me only about 4 hours to fill out the app. make sure you have ur transcript on the comp so you can copy n pasted your coursework.

4) study for the DAT's!!!! take them... do well the first time... submit your app... fill out secondaries and then wait for interviews. :)

you'll be ight

Thanks All. I'm All set for the Spring.... I've been working on my schedule for a few days and just finished! Blueprint below. Also planned my summer classes, if all goes wells. Now all I need is books.

Spring 09 at MCC
BIO 181 LEC & LAB, CHM 130LEC &
LAB, MAT 122,PHY 111LEC & LAB
I'm also taking Yoga to manage my stress, lol total of 16 credit.

Summer I 09 at MCC
Already checked catolog
Mat 187
Chm 151 Lec & Lab
Bio 205, using it to test out of 220 at ASU

Fall 09 at ASU
Work in Progress :)