Want to get a head start for anatomy next semester. Wondering anybody knows any good YouTube channels to watch?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xoxo111

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

As the title says, I wanna get a head start over my winter break. Disclosure: there’s no way I’m hitting the books over my break, only videos or anything virtual. I’ve had anatomy before in undergrad so I’m familiar with few concepts because our professor was very anal with details. I was wondering if anybody knows about any good channels or sites for anatomy? We don’t have lean next semester so just general anatomy.

Members don't see this ad.

Coloring book with descriptions of origin/insertion/action/innvervation/vascular would do good.

Not sure what videos you'd use that wouldn't bore you to death.

The more interactive the better. This stuff is dry, straightforward, and easy to understand. The more you use it/play with it the better it will stick.

Reactions: 1 users
Coloring book with descriptions of origin/insertion/action/innvervation/vascular would do good.

Not sure what videos you'd use that wouldn't bore you to death.

The more interactive the better. This stuff is dry, straightforward, and easy to understand. The more you use it/play with it the better it will stick.

what colouring books do you recommend?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

As the title says, I wanna get a head start over my winter break. Disclosure: there’s no way I’m hitting the books over my break, only videos or anything virtual. I’ve had anatomy before in undergrad so I’m familiar with few concepts because our professor was very anal with details. I was wondering if anybody knows about any good channels or sites for anatomy? We don’t have lean next semester so just general anatomy.
are you guys starting or continuing anatomy? is it going to be whole body or only lower anatomy?

I would do something interactive like Weirdy has mentioned. You could use online or printed flash cards.

Our school provides us with various Anatomy resources, online books, online flash cards, AnatomyTV access and much more. You can even see all the cadaver pictures too.

As for Coloring Books, Netters and Lawrence. I would just use Atlas for review, you can cover most words and test yourself that way too.

are you guys starting or continuing anatomy? is it going to be whole body or only lower anatomy?

I would do something interactive like Weirdy has mentioned. You could use online or printed flash cards.

Our school provides us with various Anatomy resources, online books, online flash cards, AnatomyTV access and much more. You can even see all the cadaver pictures too.

As for Coloring Books, Netters and Lawrence. I would just use Atlas for review, you can cover most words and test yourself that way too.

we’re starting general anatomy next semester, which doesn’t cover lower extremity. I’ll look into those resources you mentioned. Thank you!

what colouring books do you recommend?

Prestudying is a waste of time imo, but you can try one by Netter's (coloring book). Rohen's flashcards were also good for me for lab exams. For now, play around this site, has great images/videos/questions:

Reactions: 1 users
Prestudying is a waste of time imo, but you can try one by Netter's (coloring book). Rohen's flashcards were also good for me for lab exams. For now, play around this site, has great images/videos/questions:

Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think getting ahead is a "waste of time." I mean, any studying in advance (especially if it is a class you are about to take) is good in my opinion. If you already have the syllabus to your general anatomy class, or can get your hands on it, I think that would be helpful too so you can ahead in at least the first exam's lectures! I can give you Scholl's syllabus for anatomy if you would like, but our's has lower extremity as well. We take clinical anatomy in the Fall and than LEA in the Spring. I did okay in Clinical Anatomy ( got a B), and my biggest challenge was the practical exams, although I started acing them towards the last 2 exams!

Resources I used:
- UMichigan anatomy questions for written multiple choice exams - these were very high yield for Scholl anatomy exams. If you can answer those you should be good for the exams because these are much much harder.
- BRS Anatomy - can be found on many websites on Google. Same as UMichigan, these are hard questions, but good to practice with to.
- Acland Anatomy videos - Home | Acland's Video Atlas of Human Anatomy
These videos were very helpful to watch before our dissections! Could be helpful to go over the muscle, osteology, and innervation of the upper extremities and the back to start. Again, this all depends on your course syllabi of what to look over first. We did back and upper extremities for the first exam, followed by head and neck, thorax and trunk, then lastly pelvis and lower extremities.
- I personally didn't find many helpful youtube videos as many of them used plastic body models, and this is obviously not going to be high yield in a gross anatomy class, although it might help you get yourself oriented when doing the dissections.

As an alternative, you could also ask P2s for what they used for anatomy and look over those resources. P2s are definitely the best resource since obviously they took the exact same class last year.

Don't stress yourself out too much, enjoy the 2 weeks you have off, you are going to need it for next semester (as will I!). I personally have a few exams right after break so my time will mostly be spent on those classes.

Reactions: 1 user