WARNING About LECOM Erie Pharmacy - Major Issues Getting Rotations!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youngstownpenguin

PharmD
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear SDN Pre-Pharms

I am an alumni of LECOM Erie Pharmacy Class of 2013 and though there were many things I liked about the school, including the 3-year program and the great tuition prices, the school is having major issues getting rotations for it's students. One of the reasons why is they don't pay for rotations. They are one of the few pharmacy schools (or the only one, I'm not sure) that doesn't reimburse preceptors for their time. Many students in my class struggled to find sites willing to take them. Some found sites that turned out to be absolutely horrible rotations. The school does not check out sites beforehand like most pharmacy schools. If you want to stay in Erie (and not move back in with your parents), you will have trouble finding sites. They tried to force many of us to go home to our own cities to do rotations. As more and more pharmacy schools pop up, the problem is getting even worse because there are too little rotations for all the students. I am doing a public service announcement to forewarn people about these issues. They advertise themselves as this super affordable school, but you will be majorly inconvenienced by their inability to find rotation sites. Also, part of being a competitive applicant for residencies is getting connections with quality preceptors and this school has very little of that. MAKE THIS SCHOOL YOUR LAST CHOICE. If it is the only one you get into, go to it. But this is not a quality educations. It is run like a business. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!

Sincerely,
YoungstownPenguin

Members don't see this ad.

They keep emailing me telling me to apply there! Thanks for the heads up :)

I wonder if the Bradenton location helps their students find rotations

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear SDN Pre-Pharms

I am an alumni of LECOM Erie Pharmacy Class of 2013 and though there were many things I liked about the school, including the 3-year program and the great tuition prices, the school is having major issues getting rotations for it's students. One of the reasons why is they don't pay for rotations. They are one of the few pharmacy schools (or the only one, I'm not sure) that doesn't reimburse preceptors for their time. Many students in my class struggled to find sites willing to take them. Some found sites that turned out to be absolutely horrible rotations. The school does not check out sites beforehand like most pharmacy schools. If you want to stay in Erie (and not move back in with your parents), you will have trouble finding sites. They tried to force many of us to go home to our own cities to do rotations. As more and more pharmacy schools pop up, the problem is getting even worse because there are too little rotations for all the students. I am doing a public service announcement to forewarn people about these issues. They advertise themselves as this super affordable school, but you will be majorly inconvenienced by their inability to find rotation sites. Also, part of being a competitive applicant for residencies is getting connections with quality preceptors and this school has very little of that. MAKE THIS SCHOOL YOUR LAST CHOICE. If it is the only one you get into, go to it. But this is not a quality educations. It is run like a business. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!

Sincerely,
YoungstownPenguin

bump, hopefully more students or alumni can chime in on this

But for real though this school has a website dedicated to how much it's students HATE this school. More people need to know because I didn't know and applied, luckily I had other choices.

I attempted to post 3 links to the 'We Hate LECOM' website, 'LECOM Medical School Reality' Blog, and an SDN entry called "A Review on LECOM Erie Pharmacy" but it says "Awaiting Moderator Approval". So, I don't know if you're allowed to post links on this website. But just search LECOM on both the normal internet and SDN and you can see all kinds of posts regarding the problems at the school. Seems like a weird place. 3-year program would be nice but from what I've read about it we should all steer clear.

But for real though this school has a website dedicated to how much it's students HATE this school. More people need to know because I didn't know and applied, luckily I had other choices.

Oh, yeah I forgot about that website and their recent post on Facebook.

Once again, I don't think we're allowed to post links, but search the internet for an article titled 'Best Replies to LECOM Apology'. They are the laughing stock of the pharmaceutical industry. LOL.

Once again, I don't think we're allowed to post links, but search the internet for an article titled 'Best Replies to LECOM Apology'. They are the laughing stock of the pharmaceutical industry. LOL.

Oh yea google "we hate LECOM" and look at their fourms. It's all students who talk about basically going to a HS for pharmacy school.

Hahahahahahahahaahahahaha. Search 'Quit Giving Kids Piss Tests!'. Per the first website I gave you, there's also a brand of cartoons on youtube called "FLEACOM" or "FLEECOM" from disgruntled students who make fun of it. Dear god, I have never seen anything quite like this place. Now I want to go interview just to see it :)

Search 'The Dark and Said History of LECOM Medical School'. How did this place get accreditation in the first place?

"
Hahahahahahahahaahahahaha. Search 'Quit Giving Kids Piss Tests!'. Per the first website I gave you, there's also a brand of cartoons on youtube called "FLEACOM" or "FLEECOM" from disgruntled students who make fun of it. Dear god, I have never seen anything quite like this place. Now I want to go interview just to see it :)
"You need help" lol

Like I said, now I'm definitely going to waste my parent's money for an interview there with no plans of going. Just to see that it actually exists. Maybe the girls there have to where catholic school girl outfits :)

Here we go again....

What does this mean? Is this post going to be taken down or something? LOL. I hope not. I wasn't having fun tonight until I read about this place. It made me happy.

I was planning on applying to this school within the next few months.... all the bad reviews are making me reevaluate my decision. Thank you for informing me!

this is the reason I declined the interview.. not paying for hospital or preceptor? No-Go

Reactions: 1 user
I wish I would've seen this before I applied. Oh well if they call for an interview first then they'll be practice for the other schools I'd rather get in.