Warning for those who took the DAT earlier with no dental schools elected

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faux

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Additionally, when you select dental schools on your DAT application that participate in a standardized application service (ADEA AADSAS or TMDSAS), the Department of Testing Services will report your official scores to the application services. If your DAT application has no dental schools selected, then you have not granted permission to the Department of Testing Services to release your official scores and your official scores will not be forwarded to the standardized application services.

http://www.ada.org/en/home-ada/education-careers/dental-admission-test

I called them today and they said how we were suppose to contact the adea and send out the dat score to at least one school so that AADSAS can get it electrically. And it would take 3-4 weeks to process, despite it being set "electrically". I didn't pick any schools because I took the exam late November. I would think the AADSAS would get the scores automatically, its not like you can hide your score or anything.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, same thing happened to me. I registered in December 2013 in preparation for 2014/2015 cycle. I didn't choose any schools because the 2013/2014 cycle was still going on and wasn't applying yet. Last Friday I requested to have my scores sent to IU (state school) so that they'll be imported.

It should be assumed that since you're taking the DAT that you'll be applying. They should just automatically import your scores regardless. There goes more money.

Q: Why have my DAT scores not been reported in my ADEA AADSAS application?

A: There may be several reasons why your DAT scores may not be imported into your ADEA AADSAS application. DAT scores are imported into your ADEA AADSAS application when your DENTPIN and date of birth in your ADEA AADSAS application matches the information you provided when you registered for the DAT.

What you can consider:

1. When registering for the DAT, did you select at least one ADEA AADSAS participating dental school? If, when you registered for the DAT, you did not indicate an ADEA AADSAS-participating dental school to receive your official DAT scores, you must go to the DAT website and request a score report to an ADEA AADSAS-participating dental school.Your scores will then be sent to ADEA AADSAS and imported into your application.

Some people say you should check off the same number of schools on both adea and AADSAS. Whats the whole point of a dentpin if my score isn't automatically uploaded to AADSAS when I put in my pin.

Did you just pick one school?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just selected one school because it says on there to "...request a score report to AN ADEA AADSAS participating school." The AN tells me that you just need to select one school, pay the $33, and then your scores will be uploaded to AADSAS and available to all schools. You'd think going through the whole process of registering for DAT and paying $385 would be permission enough to send your scores to AADSAS regardless.

I just selected one school because it says on there to "...request a score report to AN ADEA AADSAS participating school." The AN tells me that you just need to select one school, pay the $33, and then your scores will be uploaded to AADSAS and available to all schools. You'd think going through the whole process of registering for DAT and paying $385 would be permission enough to send your scores to AADSAS regardless.
Amen brother. Paid the addition $33 too lol

Can you messaged me when yours get uploaded? I paid the fee today.

I still don't know why my scores aren't uploaded yet on my application. When I registered last year for my DAT, I believe I selected to send my scores to all schools since there is no cost to do so.

I still don't know why my scores aren't uploaded yet on my application. When I registered last year for my DAT, I believe I selected to send my scores to all schools since there is no cost to do so.

Call addsas, they can check for you.

So let me get this straight. I select a handful of schools. However, I left off 5 of the schools I applied to. Since I had already checked a school that works the application through AADSAS, I don't have to pay a $33 (times 5) to get it sent to the other 5 schools? Those schools will just receive it because I selected another school when I took my DAT?

So let me get this straight. I select a handful of schools. However, I left off 5 of the schools I applied to. Since I had already checked a school that works the application through AADSAS, I don't have to pay a $33 (times 5) to get it sent to the other 5 schools? Those schools will just receive it because I selected another school when I took my DAT?
Correct, once you submit your application/pay the money, go to your "School Designations" tab on the bottom of your homescreen. From there on the very right you should see some binoculars. This is a PDF version of your application that will be sent to said school. All your info (GPA, DAT, Research, etc) should be on there. For example, I didn't send my scores to Detroit Mercy but my DAT score is still on the PDF application.

I couldn't remember if I picked any schools, but I was sure I didn't, so I picked 5 schools and payed $33 for each. Now its sounding like I didn't have to... Oh well, scores are uploaded now!

so how are we supposed to know if the DAT score is up on AADSAS or not?
I put in my test date (month) but that's about only thing I see about DAT score.

Do we get notified? or do we clikc something to see if it had been uploaded?

so how are we supposed to know if the DAT score is up on AADSAS or not?
I put in my test date (month) but that's about only thing I see about DAT score.

Do we get notified? or do we clikc something to see if it had been uploaded?

Check the right side where it says official scores. If nothing comes up and it has been a few days, call.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Check the right side where it says official scores. If nothing comes up and it has been a few days, call.

Isee it. I just missed "official score" link and just have been checking "dat scores" on the checklist.

Thanks for your help

I put in the request on monday and they received my scores today!

I put my request in last Friday and still no scores :/

I put my request in last Friday and still no scores :/

Give it another day or so. The center is in D.C and AADSAS is in MA and I live in NY so maybe its a proximity thing.

if i selected a few schools when i took the DAT last year, do i still need to send my scores to at least one school this year? or do my scores just transfer over this cycle? anyone know?

I'd like to know as well. I sent my scores to all schools in November, scores were received in December and after more than a week my scores still aren't posted.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Call and give them your ID #.

Make sure your dent pin is correct and your dob.

Both are correct, I've already called and they said to wait a week or two

I'd like to know as well. I sent my scores to all schools in November, scores were received in December and after more than a week my scores still aren't posted.

Both are correct, I've already called and they said to wait a week or two

It only costs $33 to send it out like I did. Wouldn't hurt! Why has mine shown up before yours?

I shouldn't have to pay another $33 when I selected every single school upon registering for the DAT.

I shouldn't have to pay another $33 when I selected every single school upon registering for the DAT.

Then just wait and see if they post it. Personally, I would throw the word "fair" out the window when it comes to an application process. A lot of unnecessary hoops, fees after fees and pointless run arounds.

I suggested that you pay the fee because I took mine in November, payed the fee on monday and it finally showed up. There are other people who took the exam, payed the school fees and it actually showed up the day they opened up the application. You have been waiting up too.

So as long as we select AT LEAST one score, all schools will be able to receive them through ADDSAS when you actually select the schools to apply to? I'm sorry, but this whole application process has angered me to no end.

Guys, before you apply just call the DAT people and tell them that you want to include EVERY SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY. Problem solved :)

This doesn't help if you took the DAT without checking boxes when applying to take the test

This doesn't help if you took the DAT without checking boxes when applying to take the test
True, However this was for those who are about to take it. Like even tomorrow morning. Just call them and tell them to check it all. Sorry for all those of you who had to pony up some dollas

So as long as we select AT LEAST one score, all schools will be able to receive them through ADDSAS when you actually select the schools to apply to? I'm sorry, but this whole application process has angered me to no end.

I just did one school on monday and now its uploaded so its a quick turn around.

So if I am applying in 2015-2016 cycle (next cycle), and I am gonna take DAT this upcoming September, Should I select the school that I want to apply and select them on the day of the exam?

So if I am applying in 2015-2016 cycle (next cycle), and I am gonna take DAT this upcoming September, Should I select the school that I want to apply and select them on the day of the exam?
From what it seems, if you select ATLEAST one school when you apply to take the DAT, your DAT scores will be instantly uploaded to the ADDSAS application site. Some of us failed to do that because we thought we could make our school decisions later, which is true, but if you want to save $33 make sure to check ATLEAST one school. Hope that helps.

PS: Almost **** a brick when I had to call the ADA and they told me I didn't pick any schools to submit my scores to. I thought that meant my scores were voided. Heart attack averted

From what it seems, if you select ATLEAST one school when you apply to take the DAT, your DAT scores will be instantly uploaded to the ADDSAS application site. Some of us failed to do that because we thought we could make our school decisions later, which is true, but if you want to save $33 make sure to check ATLEAST one school. Hope that helps.

PS: Almost **** a brick when I had to call the ADA and they told me I didn't pick any schools to submit my scores to. I thought that meant my scores were voided. Heart attack averted
Thanks for the clarification!

I can imagine you looked like your avatar during that moment :p.

Its dumb that scores aren't automatically sent to AADSAS. Its not like you can submit the exam of your choosing if you took several.

I selected all of them. "LOOK AT MY SCORES"

Still no scores up :/ I'll give it another few days before I call. I sent a request on the 6th.