-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Wart cryotherapy
Started by Oo Cipher oO
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted87716
We have a standard checkbox-style consent form for all of our in-office procedures. Cryo is pretty straightforward, however, and I don't generally make patients sign a consent form.
I haven't generally either, but I may be involved in a lawsuit on that exact subject so I might change my policy on that.We have a standard checkbox-style consent form for all of our in-office procedures. Cryo is pretty straightforward, however, and I don't generally make patients sign a consent form.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted87716
I haven't generally either, but I may be involved in a lawsuit on that exact subject so I might change my policy on that.
Really...? What happened? It's hard to hurt someone with cryo.
Would also be curious about this as well, as we don't typically do signed consents for cryo either.I haven't generally either, but I may be involved in a lawsuit on that exact subject so I might change my policy on that.
I haven't generally either, but I may be involved in a lawsuit on that exact subject so I might change my policy on that.
That sounds ominous.
D
deleted87716
FWIW, consent forms don't prevent you from being sued for malpractice in the event of a bad outcome.
"Following verbal consent"
My organization performs written consent for cryotherapy. I've learned it is significantly important that your consent practices match whatever is outlined in your practice's policy and procedures. We have been reminded of this in most of our recent Joint Commission visits for accreditation. I would also recommend thinking about your consent practices in regards to risk of outcomes for "procedures" and not difficulty/time to perform the procedure. Example: Cryotherapy is certainly easier to complete than skin biopsy and seems less invasive than electrodessication but the risks may not be significantly different.
Ultimately you're getting into the legal realm here, where I've found definitive answers to question even more rare than in medicine.
Ultimately you're getting into the legal realm here, where I've found definitive answers to question even more rare than in medicine.