wash u acceptances?

Started by entranced
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

entranced

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
im not sure if ppl just havent been posting in the 2012 acceptance thread, but i was just wondering what the status was on washu acceptances. has anyone who interviewed after 10/31 gotten in already?
 
Some people have gotten in...not sure what their interview dates were. I interviewed in early December, so I'm wondering when their next decision date is. Maybe sometime this month?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They just met yesterday! I just got an e-mail from Dean Dodson saying he was writing to female acceptees early so we would have the chance to apply for a fellowship for female med students by the February deadline. He said letters were in the mail.
Good luck everyone!!
 
Thats awesome, congratulations! I hope to hear back from WashU soon as they've been dead silent to me ever since I was complete in July-August.
 
I don't think they are handing out decisions based on when you interviewed. I was led to believe that they hand out early decisions based on MCAT + GPA rather than when your interview was.. but that's just my understanding..
 
Well, my status hasn't changed, but I was accepted yesterday (Dean Dodson called me). And the scholarship e-mail was just sent to female applicants, so you could still hear good news!
 
Yea, my status page hasn't changed either, I just heard that I was accepted through the female-only scholarship email.
 
If they follow their pattern, status pages won't change until Saturday and you'll get an express mail package as well on Saturday so don't be worried if your page hasn't changed yet...it could tomorrow...or later today!
 
Oh bummer, since I'm female and didn't get an email I guess I didn't get in this meeting either. And now there's no chance to apply for this scholarship even if I hear back later, blah. WashU, why must you torture me so? Good luck to the rest of you!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just recently interviewed at WashU and I heard that they were really backed up. The dean said that applicants in Jan might not heard until April! Yikes...
 
Did anyone not recieving the female scholarship email have a change in their online status? or does it change on tuesday
 
any male applicants have their status changed? Or was this just a female thing?
 
I'm male and interviewed in Nov. No status change yet, but I can keep my hopes up for now. (Until a male reports a status change)
 
wow congrats everyone! that is super exciting. what does everyone think about the truth of the rumor that the ppl washu lets in super fast are ppl with insanely high mcat scores and GPAs? when i did an mdapplicants search, the only ppl who came up were lots of 40, 41, 42s and a couple of 39s and one 37.
 
wow congrats everyone! that is super exciting. what does everyone think about the truth of the rumor that the ppl washu lets in super fast are ppl with insanely high mcat scores and GPAs? when i did an mdapplicants search, the only ppl who came up were lots of 40, 41, 42s and a couple of 39s and one 37.

washu gives auto-acceptances to people with MCATS >= 40. No interview required. :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to remain skeptical that they haven't met yet, and won't meet until the 15th...can't really base our facts on a single event (ie. only one person says they've had any news).

Best of luck to you all though...the wait is killing me
 
I want to remain skeptical that they haven't met yet, and won't meet until the 15th...can't really base our facts on a single event (ie. only one person says they've had any news).

Best of luck to you all though...the wait is killing me

They must have met to consider at least female candidates as several girls were accepted and encouraged to apply for the Olin scholarship. Not sure if they considered guys at the same time or if they will be releasing decisions on the 15th. I too am hoping that decisions haven't been released yet for the month. We'll see I guess.
 
Well, they definitely met for this month. It's strange that no males have heard...

I interviewed in December but I interviewed with Dean Dodson, so I think this is why I had such a fast turn-around. He called to tell me I had been accepted. So it looks like they already had their committee meeting for this month.

I'm sure next month will bring a lot more acceptances - good luck to everyone!

Also, just to add to the MCAT debate, my score was below 40, and my GPA isn't sky-high either.
 
I want to remain skeptical that they haven't met yet, and won't meet until the 15th...can't really base our facts on a single event (ie. only one person says they've had any news).

Best of luck to you all though...the wait is killing me

I'm not making it up, I promise! Whoolietta started a seperate thread about getting the e-mail for the Olin Fellowship as well. It seems entirely possible that they did just meet about female candidates though and I don't know yet whether the letter was sent according to the usual pattern (our campus mail service is closed on weekends) so maybe they aren't done for the month. Letitgo, did you get a letter yesterday?
Sorry to cause the confusion!
Good luck!
 
Well, thanks for the info, although my hopes were just effectively dashed, burnt, and then smoked by a blind racoon.
 
Well, they definitely met for this month. It's strange that no males have heard...

I interviewed in December but I interviewed with Dean Dodson, so I think this is why I had such a fast turn-around. He called to tell me I had been accepted. So it looks like they already had their committee meeting for this month.

I'm sure next month will bring a lot more acceptances - good luck to everyone!

Also, just to add to the MCAT debate, my score was below 40, and my GPA isn't sky-high either.
Is your status page updated?
 
hey guys, amers was right when she said that the committee has already met. it said in my email for the scholarship that the admissions committee had voted on january 10th. my email was dated jan. 11th, but my status page did not change until the next day on the 12th.

i'm not at school so i don't know if the package has come yet. good luck everyone!
 
I am totally in shock as I just got accepted to WashU via email! The kicker is that I JUST got back from my interview the day before! Talk about record fast turnaround. I think they sped up the process so that I had a chance to make the Olin Fellowship deadline.

Just goes to show that adcoms CAN make decisions fast when necessary! Good luck to those still waiting!
 
^wow, congrats.

So...when do us boys get to hear? Are they doing a meeting every two weeks, I suppose?
 
I am totally in shock as I just got accepted to WashU via email! The kicker is that I JUST got back from my interview the day before! Talk about record fast turnaround. I think they sped up the process so that I had a chance to make the Olin Fellowship deadline.

Just goes to show that adcoms CAN make decisions fast when necessary! Good luck to those still waiting!

so am i the only girl who hasn't been accepted yet? 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are the chances that the non-olin people will still get a letter saturday?

Another 2 weeks...argh...
 
Dis-Orientation Guide:
"Although 50% of your class is female, 98% of these beautiful dolls are either married or dating."

🙁


*gives up*

Guess I'll have to hit on the graduate students there...

Anyways...what is your avatar? I can't read that sign....
 
*gives up*

Guess I'll have to hit on the graduate students there...

Anyways...what is your avatar? I can't read that sign....

It says "owned" because I shot my diagnostic test with a .45 caliber handgun... emptied a magazine on it actually. :laugh:

RPedigo is my hero.

With those acceptances, you're my hero 👍
Congratulations.