-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
wash u acceptances?
Started by entranced
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They just met yesterday! I just got an e-mail from Dean Dodson saying he was writing to female acceptees early so we would have the chance to apply for a fellowship for female med students by the February deadline. He said letters were in the mail.
Good luck everyone!!
Good luck everyone!!
1
1956Goldtop
Thats awesome, congratulations! I hope to hear back from WashU soon as they've been dead silent to me ever since I was complete in July-August.
I don't think I got in this meeting, since my status page is unchanged. Good luck to everyone else!![]()
Ditto.
Yea, my status page hasn't changed either, I just heard that I was accepted through the female-only scholarship email.
Congrats! When was your interview?
Congrats! When was your interview?
I interviewed in November. But I don't think they go in order at all!
My status page is changed for all you males waiting to check.
Good luck everyone!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No change here either. Did anyone get their package today?
wow congrats everyone! that is super exciting. what does everyone think about the truth of the rumor that the ppl washu lets in super fast are ppl with insanely high mcat scores and GPAs? when i did an mdapplicants search, the only ppl who came up were lots of 40, 41, 42s and a couple of 39s and one 37.
wow congrats everyone! that is super exciting. what does everyone think about the truth of the rumor that the ppl washu lets in super fast are ppl with insanely high mcat scores and GPAs? when i did an mdapplicants search, the only ppl who came up were lots of 40, 41, 42s and a couple of 39s and one 37.
washu gives auto-acceptances to people with MCATS >= 40. No interview required.

washu gives auto-acceptances to people with MCATS >= 40. No interview required.![]()
I wish. No status change for me.
washu gives auto-acceptances to people with MCATS >= 40. No interview required.![]()
I don't think that is true. My son got in, but only after an interview, and his MCAT was over 40.
I don't think that is true. My son got in, but only after an interview, and his MCAT was over 40.
The other poster was joking.
I wish. No status change for me.
I wish too...
....nothing for me either. Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to remain skeptical that they haven't met yet, and won't meet until the 15th...can't really base our facts on a single event (ie. only one person says they've had any news).
Best of luck to you all though...the wait is killing me
Best of luck to you all though...the wait is killing me
I want to remain skeptical that they haven't met yet, and won't meet until the 15th...can't really base our facts on a single event (ie. only one person says they've had any news).
Best of luck to you all though...the wait is killing me
They must have met to consider at least female candidates as several girls were accepted and encouraged to apply for the Olin scholarship. Not sure if they considered guys at the same time or if they will be releasing decisions on the 15th. I too am hoping that decisions haven't been released yet for the month. We'll see I guess.
Well, they definitely met for this month. It's strange that no males have heard...
I interviewed in December but I interviewed with Dean Dodson, so I think this is why I had such a fast turn-around. He called to tell me I had been accepted. So it looks like they already had their committee meeting for this month.
I'm sure next month will bring a lot more acceptances - good luck to everyone!
Also, just to add to the MCAT debate, my score was below 40, and my GPA isn't sky-high either.
I interviewed in December but I interviewed with Dean Dodson, so I think this is why I had such a fast turn-around. He called to tell me I had been accepted. So it looks like they already had their committee meeting for this month.
I'm sure next month will bring a lot more acceptances - good luck to everyone!
Also, just to add to the MCAT debate, my score was below 40, and my GPA isn't sky-high either.
I want to remain skeptical that they haven't met yet, and won't meet until the 15th...can't really base our facts on a single event (ie. only one person says they've had any news).
Best of luck to you all though...the wait is killing me
I'm not making it up, I promise! Whoolietta started a seperate thread about getting the e-mail for the Olin Fellowship as well. It seems entirely possible that they did just meet about female candidates though and I don't know yet whether the letter was sent according to the usual pattern (our campus mail service is closed on weekends) so maybe they aren't done for the month. Letitgo, did you get a letter yesterday?
Sorry to cause the confusion!
Good luck!
Well, thanks for the info, although my hopes were just effectively dashed, burnt, and then smoked by a blind racoon.
Is your status page updated?Well, they definitely met for this month. It's strange that no males have heard...
I interviewed in December but I interviewed with Dean Dodson, so I think this is why I had such a fast turn-around. He called to tell me I had been accepted. So it looks like they already had their committee meeting for this month.
I'm sure next month will bring a lot more acceptances - good luck to everyone!
Also, just to add to the MCAT debate, my score was below 40, and my GPA isn't sky-high either.
hey guys, amers was right when she said that the committee has already met. it said in my email for the scholarship that the admissions committee had voted on january 10th. my email was dated jan. 11th, but my status page did not change until the next day on the 12th.
i'm not at school so i don't know if the package has come yet. good luck everyone!
i'm not at school so i don't know if the package has come yet. good luck everyone!
I am totally in shock as I just got accepted to WashU via email! The kicker is that I JUST got back from my interview the day before! Talk about record fast turnaround. I think they sped up the process so that I had a chance to make the Olin Fellowship deadline.
Just goes to show that adcoms CAN make decisions fast when necessary! Good luck to those still waiting!
Just goes to show that adcoms CAN make decisions fast when necessary! Good luck to those still waiting!
I am totally in shock as I just got accepted to WashU via email! The kicker is that I JUST got back from my interview the day before! Talk about record fast turnaround. I think they sped up the process so that I had a chance to make the Olin Fellowship deadline.
Just goes to show that adcoms CAN make decisions fast when necessary! Good luck to those still waiting!
so am i the only girl who hasn't been accepted yet? 🙁
wow...all these girls getting in...good news for me i guess 😀
Read the disorientation guide... like 99.999999% of your class will not be single. 🙁
so am i the only girl who hasn't been accepted yet? 🙁
No you're not alone. No love here either 🙁
Read the disorientation guide... like 99.999999% of your class will not be single. 🙁
Is that the small book they gave up during interviews?
Anyways...that's very depressing... 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are the chances that the non-olin people will still get a letter saturday?
Another 2 weeks...argh...
Dis-Orientation Guide:
"Although 50% of your class is female, 98% of these beautiful dolls are either married or dating."
🙁
Dis-Orientation Guide:
"Although 50% of your class is female, 98% of these beautiful dolls are either married or dating."
🙁
*gives up*
Guess I'll have to hit on the graduate students there...
Anyways...what is your avatar? I can't read that sign....
RPedigo is my hero.
*gives up*
Guess I'll have to hit on the graduate students there...
Anyways...what is your avatar? I can't read that sign....
It says "owned" because I shot my diagnostic test with a .45 caliber handgun... emptied a magazine on it actually.

RPedigo is my hero.
With those acceptances, you're my hero 👍
Congratulations.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 1K
