wash u acceptances?

Started by entranced
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It says "owned" because I shot my diagnostic test with a .45 caliber handgun... emptied a magazine on it actually. :laugh:



With those acceptances, you're my hero 👍
Congratulations.

Don't worry buddy. Come time March, you'll be sitting in the hot seat too! 🙂
 
whoaaa!!! i just got an e-mail and i'm in! ahh!

utterly utterly unexpected, didn't feel like my interview went that well & my stats aren't super stellar...

in shock.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
female

was asked to apply for the Olin Fellowship, which is why I think i was notified so soon.

i still sorta feel like maybe this was an e-mail glitch or something...

Nah, I think the admissions committee is just expediting decisions for female applicants so the Olin deadline isn't passed. That's a good thing 👍

The guys, on the other hand, are gonna have to take a seat and wait for a bit.

Congratulations again, and I hope you get the Olin scholarship :luck:
 
female

was asked to apply for the Olin Fellowship, which is why I think i was notified so soon.

i still sorta feel like maybe this was an e-mail glitch or something...

Hey, I got the same email... So excited! How about this 5-business-day thing for the Olin App? I'm only a little freaking out about that...

Anyway, congrats!
 
Are most of you guys staying in Olin the first year? Or hoping to meet somebody nice to share an apartment with at second look?
 
At least you guys can console yourselves with this. It sucks to be a girl who's not getting any love!

Forreal. This thread is just depressing. I can't help feeling like the wallflower being passed over at the school dance for the hotter (better stats) chick.. 🙁
 
Forreal. This thread is just depressing. I can't help feeling like the wallflower being passed over at the school dance for the hotter (better stats) chick.. 🙁

Yeah, each time there's another round of acceptances I can't help but feel all my hope get squashed. Then I get hopeful for the next month... rinse and repeat.
 
Note in my mailbox: missed delivery from WashU via USPS. Item was "Large envelope - Catalog".

I'm currently freaking out and need to get my hands on this package ASAP. Unfortunately I can't pick up or get another delivery until MONDAY.

UPDATE: The online status check is updated and it reads "Congratulations, give us some money" I need to go buy some champagne!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Note in my mailbox: missed delivery from WashU via USPS. Item was "Large envelope - Catalog".

I'm currently freaking out and need to get my hands on this package ASAP. Unfortunately I can't pick up or get another delivery until MONDAY.

UPDATE: The online status check is updated and it reads "Congratulations, give us some money" I need to go buy some champaign!

Congratulations! Wish I had the opportunity to buy some champagne.
 
female

was asked to apply for the Olin Fellowship, which is why I think i was notified so soon.

i still sorta feel like maybe this was an e-mail glitch or something...

Hey, I got the same email... So excited! How about this 5-business-day thing for the Olin App? I'm only a little freaking out about that...

Anyway, congrats!

When did you guys interview? Thanks for the info!
 
although this is irrelevant to previous discussion in this thread...my parents are rather funny.

I call home, my mom picks up and is laughing about something...
me: "Mom, I got into WashU!"
my mom: "Oh haha, the dog just did the funniest thing!! Oh WashU? That's a good school right? But St. Louis is too far, you should go to [med school in hometown] and stay near us [referring to herself and my dad]"
me: "uhhh"
 
tell me about it, this is depressing. I feel like I'm one of the only girls not getting in! And I thought I had pretty decent stats. guess not 🙁