Wash U Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

veenut

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So for the question where it asks whether you've had any personal experience or relationship to Wash U, are you going to just write some garbage (unless of course you actually have done some research there or something) or leave it blank? I know that in general you shouldn't leave the secondary essays blank, but I'm stuck as far as writing something for this. Do you see this as one of those "Tell us why you love us" essays or should this be left blank unless we actually have some connection to the university?

Members don't see this ad.

vn2004 said:
So for the question where it asks whether you've had any personal experience or relationship to Wash U, are you going to just write some garbage (unless of course you actually have done some research there or something) or leave it blank? I know that in general you shouldn't leave the secondary essays blank, but I'm stuck as far as writing something for this. Do you see this as one of those "Tell us why you love us" essays or should this be left blank unless we actually have some connection to the university?

i'm pretty sure it means what it says. In that do you have any relationship with them. (ie parents work there, you worked there, you applied undergrad, visited many times, etc) It's basically to see if you have any previous connection with them.

I really don't think it's a suck-up-to-us essay prompt.

I left it blank last year and got an interview, so you should be good! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
MaDe in Cali said:
I left it blank last year and got an interview, so you should be good! Good luck!

heh, that's all i wanted to know, thanks! :thumbup:

People leave it blank and get in, writing BS just makes you seem desperate, and no one wants someone whose desperate.