Wash U secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopeMD

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please help this mom of an applicant -- does Wash U screen before they send out a secondary?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure WashU doesn't screen or else we prolly would have heard various SNDers complaining about their pre-secondary rejection. :)

whats with all the applicants' moms around here :laugh:. welcome to SDN. nope, wash u doesn't screen. be warned though they are very numbers based (average gpa 3.8, mcat 36 from last years class) so unless your youngin is an exceptional applicant or has something extraordinary working for them, i'd tread cautiously. but you never know what will happen, their fee was only 50 bucks. good luck to you and yours

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your reply. He applied to a wide range of schools.

It's a nervous time for moms too!:)

about WUSTL - why is their admit rate so bleeding high?
according to USNews its about 10.6%.
that is downright $lutty when you compare it to some of the other top 10 schools (Columbia aside).

are there any folks here good at probability?
based on my B- in stats: for two independent events, the probability that one of those two events occurs is the sum of probability of each event occuring.
based on this I am applying to 18 schools with an average acceptance rate of 5% - according to the math I have a 90% chance of getting in.

:p :clap:

they're not independent events

damn you man!
but everyone says med school admissions is SOOOOO RANDOM!!!
:laugh:
hey dont kill my dream just cuz when you were two they told you santa claus doesnt exist!
:D
Originally posted by the boy wonder
they're not independent events

Originally posted by DarkChild
damn you man!
but everyone says med school admissions is SOOOOO RANDOM!!!
:laugh:
hey dont kill my dream just cuz when you were two they told you santa claus doesnt exist!
:D

lol, okay, you're a little closer than you think there - my parents are very religious and made a big point of making sure I never believed in santa! ;)