• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

jmjfb23

!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Hey I was just wondering if anyone had externed at Washington Hosp Center in DC for omfs or if any of the residences posted on this site. I was looking for info on where to stay, what to bring, and what to expect. Thanks.

OMFSdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2005
Status (Visible)
I didn't extern there, but VERY strong 4 year program in my opinion. In fact, if I didn't want a 6 year, it would have been my top choice. They do and see a lot. Busy place, but the only thing they were lacking when I was interviewing a few years ago was a good academic base. Even the residents said that they don't get much in the way of academics and conferences. Other than that, great place and great city.

LSU-Cowboy

Resident
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2005
New Orleans
Status (Visible)
I didn't extern there, but VERY strong 4 year program in my opinion. In fact, if I didn't want a 6 year, it would have been my top choice. They do and see a lot. Busy place, but the only thing they were lacking when I was interviewing a few years ago was a good academic base. Even the residents said that they don't get much in the way of academics and conferences. Other than that, great place and great city.

I agree....when I interviewed a few yrs ago....it was the strongest 4 yr i interviewed at....I liked the program a lot.....Only problem was their academic base....and the fact they only had ONE full time faculty (chairman/director). Besides my program (Pre-Katrina :D )...it was on the top of my list

About the Ads

jmjfb23

!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
How is your program post-Katrina, I would like to come out for an externship, probably the summer of 2008, and am hoping for a great experience out there. Any thoughts?

Doggie

Professional Jackass
15+ Year Member
I agree....when I interviewed a few yrs ago....it was the strongest 4 yr i interviewed at....I liked the program a lot.....Only problem was their academic base....and the fact they only had ONE full time faculty (chairman/director). Besides my program (Pre-Katrina :D )...it was on the top of my list

It seemed pretty solid when I interviewed there as well.

Reasons I didnt rank it high: There was a part time faculty there with a fake MD from antigua. Cmon....what's he trying to pull? Also, I didnt want to risk having LSU-cowboy as my co-resident there. :smuggrin:

LSU-Cowboy

Resident
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2005
New Orleans
Status (Visible)
It seemed pretty solid when I interviewed there as well.

Reasons I didnt rank it high: There was a part time faculty there with a fake MD from antigua. Cmon....what's he trying to pull? Also, I didnt want to risk having LSU-cowboy as my co-resident there. :smuggrin:

That would've been a bad combo.....:laugh:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.