Washington Hosp Center Externship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmjfb23

!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I was just wondering if anyone had externed at Washington Hosp Center in DC for omfs or if any of the residences posted on this site. I was looking for info on where to stay, what to bring, and what to expect. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't extern there, but VERY strong 4 year program in my opinion. In fact, if I didn't want a 6 year, it would have been my top choice. They do and see a lot. Busy place, but the only thing they were lacking when I was interviewing a few years ago was a good academic base. Even the residents said that they don't get much in the way of academics and conferences. Other than that, great place and great city.

I didn't extern there, but VERY strong 4 year program in my opinion. In fact, if I didn't want a 6 year, it would have been my top choice. They do and see a lot. Busy place, but the only thing they were lacking when I was interviewing a few years ago was a good academic base. Even the residents said that they don't get much in the way of academics and conferences. Other than that, great place and great city.

I agree....when I interviewed a few yrs ago....it was the strongest 4 yr i interviewed at....I liked the program a lot.....Only problem was their academic base....and the fact they only had ONE full time faculty (chairman/director). Besides my program (Pre-Katrina :D )...it was on the top of my list

Members don't see this ad :)
How is your program post-Katrina, I would like to come out for an externship, probably the summer of 2008, and am hoping for a great experience out there. Any thoughts?

I agree....when I interviewed a few yrs ago....it was the strongest 4 yr i interviewed at....I liked the program a lot.....Only problem was their academic base....and the fact they only had ONE full time faculty (chairman/director). Besides my program (Pre-Katrina :D )...it was on the top of my list

It seemed pretty solid when I interviewed there as well.

Reasons I didnt rank it high: There was a part time faculty there with a fake MD from antigua. Cmon....what's he trying to pull? Also, I didnt want to risk having LSU-cowboy as my co-resident there. :smuggrin:

It seemed pretty solid when I interviewed there as well.

Reasons I didnt rank it high: There was a part time faculty there with a fake MD from antigua. Cmon....what's he trying to pull? Also, I didnt want to risk having LSU-cowboy as my co-resident there. :smuggrin:

That would've been a bad combo.....:laugh:

How is your program post-Katrina, I would like to come out for an externship, probably the summer of 2008, and am hoping for a great experience out there. Any thoughts?

PM me with questions