Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Washington Hosp Center Externship

Discussion in 'Dental Residents and Practicing Dentists' started by jmjfb23, Mar 1, 2007.

1. jmjfb23

Dental Student
    Hey I was just wondering if anyone had externed at Washington Hosp Center in DC for omfs or if any of the residences posted on this site. I was looking for info on where to stay, what to bring, and what to expect. Thanks.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. OMFSdoc

OMFSdoc Member

I didn't extern there, but VERY strong 4 year program in my opinion. In fact, if I didn't want a 6 year, it would have been my top choice. They do and see a lot. Busy place, but the only thing they were lacking when I was interviewing a few years ago was a good academic base. Even the residents said that they don't get much in the way of academics and conferences. Other than that, great place and great city.

4. LSU-Cowboy

LSU-Cowboy Resident

I agree....when I interviewed a few yrs ago....it was the strongest 4 yr i interviewed at....I liked the program a lot.....Only problem was their academic base....and the fact they only had ONE full time faculty (chairman/director). Besides my program (Pre-Katrina :D )...it was on the top of my list

5. jmjfb23

Dental Student
    How is your program post-Katrina, I would like to come out for an externship, probably the summer of 2008, and am hoping for a great experience out there. Any thoughts?

6. Doggie

Doggie Professional Jackass

It seemed pretty solid when I interviewed there as well.

Reasons I didnt rank it high: There was a part time faculty there with a fake MD from antigua. Cmon....what's he trying to pull? Also, I didnt want to risk having LSU-cowboy as my co-resident there. :smuggrin:

7. LSU-Cowboy

LSU-Cowboy Resident

That would've been a bad combo.....:laugh:

8. LSU-Cowboy

LSU-Cowboy Resident

PM me with questions