Washington State University c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cinnamoroll12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else applied to WSU? I finally got my supplemental form and Part 3 questionnaire postmarked yesterday.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied back in October. My app and my supplemental was received as of Oct.12 2008.

Good luck! I hope we hear from them!

Just got my interview scheduled on 1/23 afternoon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my interview scheduled on 1/23 afternoon.

Congrats! Did you get a phone call, email or snail mail regarding your interview?

I havent heard from them yet. But, I'll cross my fingers! Spokane is really cold around this time of the year!

Congrats PharmRx77! I know they should receive my supplemental app packet by today, but PharmCAS won't send out the app until Monday. Hopefully I'll hear from them soon!

Based on the stats last year, it seems like those with a GPA greater than a 3.3 (I forgot the number) tend to get accepted, while those with a 3.2 ended up on the alternate list. Everyone else with a 3.0-3.1 got rejected. This is just a grade trend, not a cutoff GPA!! Therefore, I think they look more into the GPA since PCAT is not required.

I noticed they only accept about 20 out-of-state students. I just hope I'm one of them, even though I used to live up there for 3 years. I bet it's really freezing in Spokane and Pullman, especially during the time when they conduct the interviews! I was from the Seattle/Edmonds area and I assume our weather and snow is nothing compared to the Eastern Washington area.

I also got an interview call and I think I will go :).

They would call you. The lady is very nice! She's willing to give you all the dates and give you time to schedule before you book it. Good luck!

Congrats! Did you get a phone call, email or snail mail regarding your interview?

I havent heard from them yet. But, I'll cross my fingers! Spokane is really cold around this time of the year!

I as well received a phone call and will be interviewing on 1/30

Good luck to you guys!

I just got a interview call today also but I allready got accepted to a school I wanted so one more open spot.

I got accepted to my other #1-2 choices also, so I may not go there either.

I got accepted to my other #1-2 choices also, so I may not go there either.

Wow, did you get the acceptance call just today?
Congrats!! :D
WSU is my 1st priority school and I hope there are many WSU applicants accepted to other good schools like you.

Wow, did you get the acceptance call just today?
Congrats!! :D
WSU is my 1st priority school and I hope there are many WSU applicants accepted to other good schools like you.

Hi Pharmwannabee,
I would like to know more about WSU, can you give me reasons why WSU is your top choice? Do you live in Pullman? If so, do you like the city?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Pullman is a small town, pretty much revolved around the college. For the most part, people there are involved with the college in some way (went there, go there, work there, etc). I'm from Spokane and have a bunch of friends that went to undergrad there. I you are looking for a ton of excited, aside from partying, there isn't much, but good community. Big on athletics as well. Also minimal drives to lakes and mountains, which is always a bonus. Very seasonal. Tons of snow right now, so be ready! All in all, studying and drinking is probably how you should expect to fill your time, but I'm assuming studying is going to take the majority. Let me know if you have any questions. Oh yeah, good pharm program though from all I've researched. I know they actually have a good research program. There is also a campus in Spokane, I'm pretty sure, which is bigger and a bit more exciting town, but I grew up there, so ya know how that goes. Definitely expanding though and good outdoors.

Pullman is a small town, pretty much revolved around the college. For the most part, people there are involved with the college in some way (went there, go there, work there, etc). I'm from Spokane and have a bunch of friends that went to undergrad there. I you are looking for a ton of excited, aside from partying, there isn't much, but good community. Big on athletics as well. Also minimal drives to lakes and mountains, which is always a bonus. Very seasonal. Tons of snow right now, so be ready! All in all, studying and drinking is probably how you should expect to fill your time, but I'm assuming studying is going to take the majority. Let me know if you have any questions. Oh yeah, good pharm program though from all I've researched. I know they actually have a good research program. There is also a campus in Spokane, I'm pretty sure, which is bigger and a bit more exciting town, but I grew up there, so ya know how that goes. Definitely expanding though and good outdoors.

So true, as what ive heard from my best friend who is a P1 there! :laugh:

I got an invitation for an interview friday jan 9th and I set my interview time for Jan. 30th at 10am in spokane

Good luck everyone

Do any of you guys know the other interview date that they offer? I know the first batch have gotten invited for 1/30.

Hi future students! I'm a p1 student @ wsu. From what I heard the INTERVIEWS are conducted every FRIDAY starting 1/23 to the beginning of MARCH.

I encourage you guys to interview @ the Pullman Campus to get an idea of where you will be living during your first 2 years.

It's been super COLD here lately so please bring warm clothes. If u have any other questions, let me know and I will try my best to answer them.

GOOD LUCK! :)

Hi future students! I'm a p1 student @ wsu. From what I heard the INTERVIEWS are conducted every FRIDAY starting 1/23 to the beginning of MARCH.

I encourage you guys to interview @ the Pullman Campus to get an idea of where you will be living during your first 2 years.

It's been super COLD here lately so please bring warm clothes. If u have any other questions, let me know and I will try my best to answer them.

GOOD LUCK! :)

Hello,
I will come to the Pullman Campus tomorrow!
I'm so anxious that the inteview will go beyond what I have prepared. :confused:

I wonder if I'm interviewing alone or with other candidates (if so, with how many?).
Could you tell me briefly how your interview went??
Thank you so much!!

Hello,
I will come to the Pullman Campus tomorrow!
I'm so anxious that the inteview will go beyond what I have prepared. :confused:

I wonder if I'm interviewing alone or with other candidates (if so, with how many?).
Could you tell me briefly how your interview went??
Thank you so much!!

Hi there!

How my interview went last year was that I arrived like about 10 minutes earlier and sat in the Student Service Office and was greeted by the friendly people who work there.

When it was time for my interview, I followed a lady into a room and then the two ladies (both professors) took turn asking me questions. The interview was Closed File so they know nothing about you.

After the interview, someone will take you back to the student service office where they give you an Essay question and take you into the library where you have 15 minutes to write your essay.

Good luck! :)

Bump

How did everyone's interviews go so far??

I had mine on 1/30 and it went very well - I am looking forward to the 2nd week of March

Did any of you apply to both WSU and University of Washington? Have you heard back from both of them about interviews? I only heard back from one of them but I thought they kinda followed the same schedule.

WSU mails out all notifications the 2nd week of March

WSU mails out all notifications the 2nd week of March

Allow me to correct myself. That isn't completely true because I received an acceptance letter today! Whooooo!!

Good luck to you guys/gals!

Allow me to correct myself. That isn't completely true because I received an acceptance letter today! Whooooo!!

Good luck to you guys/gals!

Congrats to you! When did you interview? And how was the interview compared to others?

Congrats to you! When did you interview? And how was the interview compared to others?

Thank you!

I interviewed on 1/30 and the letter was stamped 2/4 (the ink was still drying lol)

The interview went very well I thought. It wasn't overly intense and everyone that is involved with the program at WSU that I have met thus far are great.

Good luck all!

anyone else receive any good news from WSU? I'm still waiting and hoping

Me too! I haven't heard anything from them as well. If I don't get a call from them, is that mean I got rejected? When do they start mailing out rejection letters without interview invitation? Most of my friends already got invitations to the interview except for me.

Hello!
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! I have my interview scheduled for 2/13... friday the 13th :( This will be my first interview and sadly my last because my UW app got disqualified because I didn't turn something in on time..bummer! Anyway, those of you who have had your interviews, were the questions posted on the interview feedback for WSU on SDN helpful and were they similar to the questions you were asked? Also, what sort of ethical questions do you remember being asked about? Just super nervous and appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

Hello!
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! I have my interview scheduled for 2/13... friday the 13th :( This will be my first interview and sadly my last because my UW app got disqualified because I didn't turn something in on time..bummer! Anyway, those of you who have had your interviews, were the questions posted on the interview feedback for WSU on SDN helpful and were they similar to the questions you were asked? Also, what sort of ethical questions do you remember being asked about? Just super nervous and appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

Have you had any interviews yet? Quite honestly the interview was very laid back. I was relaxed in the waiting room and talking to the ladies from the admissions office. I highly recommend to talk as much as possible before the interview. When I say that I equate it to sprinting or running. You don't start sprinting cold, you warm up. I can't talk and compose my thoughts well from a cold start either.

The interview is closed file - so they like you on paper enough to make you spend your money to drive out in the middle of nowhere and talk to them :). Now it's time for them to see you as a person. I truly believe they don't care about the content of your answers as much as your overall delivery and confidence. Your not expected to know all the answers and there will not be a right answer for every question they ask, they don't want that anyway. They want YOUR answer.

Just sit back, relax and be yourself. Don't worry about the fact that a 20 minute interview decides potentially the rest of your life :) j/k

Good luck!

Roto was right. The interview was very relaxed. The faculty and 2 secretaries (Joyce and Terry) were super nice. They served us food and allowed us to sit in a conference room before the interview. After the interview, all the faculty and interviewees sat and talked about WSU stuff. You could ask them anything you want and they would answer you honestly.

Hello!

The questions posted on the feedback section were pretty close to the ones I got last year. They were really helpful. For my ethical issue question, they just asked me to name a ethical issue involving pharmacy. So it's a good idea to know current events going on in pharmacy and also research the school too. They really want to know why anyone would want to move out to Pullman to go to school, etc.

Good luck pyreneeslove!

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who have had their interview already, has anyone heard back yet? The pharmacist I work for said her friend already heard back and I was just wondering if anyone else has?

Good luck to everyone!:xf:

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who have had their interview already, has anyone heard back yet? The pharmacist I work for said her friend already heard back and I was just wondering if anyone else has?

Good luck to everyone!:xf:

Yes - accepted

Good luck!

Interviewed on Jan. 30th, have not heard anything as of yet. I hope to hear some good news from them by next week sometime!! I have a couple of interviews over the next two weeks and it would be nice to know i have been accepted somewhere already, less stress! plus WSU is my #1 choice!!

is there anyone else that received an acceptance letter beside roto?

Out of 94, 30 students will receive the acceptance letter before the 2nd week of March.
The school has total 6 week of interviews, and they select top 5 students among the students they interview each week (6wks x 5 students = 30).
For the 64 spot remainders, they will make a final decision and give out the admission letters during the 2nd week of March.
So..Roto was one of the top 5s :) of the week he had the interview.
For the rest, we will have to wait til mid March.

That's what I've heard from Marian.

Thank you for that reply. That helps me to better understand what is going on. The pharmacist I work for is not the nicest person I ever met and told me I automatically got denied since her friend had already heard back. So this helps put the debate we are having to rest.

Thanks for the hope.

Hey guys, I interviewed on the 6th and the wait is killing me! Congratulations on getting in alreay Roto, do you mind sharing your stats? and are you in state? Good luck to everyone waiting!

Thank you for that reply. That helps me to better understand what is going on. The pharmacist I work for is not the nicest person I ever met and told me I automatically got denied since her friend had already heard back. So this helps put the debate we are having to rest.

Thanks for the hope.

Wow - that pharmacist sounds like a winner and has no idea of the process.

Stay focused because there will always be distractions

Good luck

Out of 94, 30 students will receive the acceptance letter before the 2nd week of March.
The school has total 6 week of interviews, and they select top 5 students among the students they interview each week (6wks x 5 students = 30).
For the 64 spot remainders, they will make a final decision and give out the admission letters during the 2nd week of March.
So..Roto was one of the top 5s :) of the week he had the interview.
For the rest, we will have to wait til mid March.

That's what I've heard from Marian.

Good luck - I look forward to having some people in my class from here

Hey I interviewed on Feb. 13th and i still haven't heard back!!! I'm soo nervous because this is the only school i heard back from!!! I really hope i hear back soon. Anyone from that week got an acceptance letter yet??

so i interviewed at WSU Jan. 30th and have yet to hear back. I know the second week of march everyone will hear back at least by then. I have another interview planned that requires alot of traveling time and expenses. WSU is my top choice and see no need to interview else where if i were to be fortunate enough to gain admissions. Would it be a good idea to send an email or make a phone call and explain this situation to them and see if they can tell me my status so i can save some money and time?

Im pretty sure that you can't ask about your status on the phone... i remember them telling me that at the interview!! Atleast your in the northwest.... im all the way down south and only 5% are from states other that the northwest. And you have another interview!! lol sorry im just panicking!!!!!!!!

so i interviewed at WSU Jan. 30th and have yet to hear back. I know the second week of march everyone will hear back at least by then. I have another interview planned that requires alot of traveling time and expenses. WSU is my top choice and see no need to interview else where if i were to be fortunate enough to gain admissions. Would it be a good idea to send an email or make a phone call and explain this situation to them and see if they can tell me my status so i can save some money and time?

The people who were granted spots from your interview date have already done so I would imagine.

The next step is receiving your letter the 2nd week of March..good luck to ya!

BTW, what time did you interview on the 30th? Maybe we talked (I was at 2PM)

hey everyone! i had my interview on Feb. 20 and i just recevied my acceptance letter on Feb. 25th. :) Good luck to everyone applying!!!

Hey guys.. don't give up hope! Even if you're from out of state. Just so u guys know, more than half the people in our class is out of state so don't believe what it says on PharmCAS that they only accept a few number of out of state students.

Good luck to all!