Quantcast

Washington STL, Vanderbilt Interview times Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gonzalez

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi, I have some qs about some schools I am interviewing at soon, so I can determine flights:

For Vanderbilt - Do you just come for the interview and leave - I am scheduled for 2pm...should I be there earlier/when should I expect to leave?

WUSTL - Didn't give me an interview time, but just said breakfast at 7:30AM - Do I assume they will guide me from there for the whole day?/ When does it end?

Thanks guys.

iA-MD2013

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
No! For Vandy...you have to be there at 9. They have a full day scheduled (from 9 till 3 or 4).

gonzalez

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
True about Vandy, I just found a missed email form them. Thanks

serikk85

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
For WashU, there are students who meet you for breakfast and they take you straight to the admissions office. You're done mid to late afternoon, depending on your interview schedule. I was done at about 4.

armybound

urologist.
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Vandy's day isn't exactly "full" though, there are a couple periods of inactivity where you have to find something to do.

aebvd97

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not too sure about reporting at 9AM. I also had a 2pm interview, and I was told to arrive right before 11am. Check into this.

Retsage

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Vandy's day isn't exactly "full" though, there are a couple periods of inactivity where you have to find something to do.

I actually liked this. Gave me a chance to tour around the campus.

GuitarMan123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have some qs about some schools I am interviewing at soon, so I can determine flights:

For Vanderbilt - Do you just come for the interview and leave - I am scheduled for 2pm...should I be there earlier/when should I expect to leave?

WUSTL - Didn't give me an interview time, but just said breakfast at 7:30AM - Do I assume they will guide me from there for the whole day?/ When does it end?

Thanks guys.

If you have an afternoon interview (which you do), you don't need to be there until 11 am.

aebvd97

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess. It was just unique for the interviews I've been on, and I didn't enjoy it. But I work on campus so I just went back to work for a little while.

Yeah, it was somewhat nice since Vanderbilt's campus is sooo gorgeous..but I kind of would have liked a little more structure. I felt like they could have provided the applicants with a few more opportunities. Oh well.

armybound

urologist.
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it was somewhat nice since Vanderbilt's campus is sooo gorgeous..but I kind of would have liked a little more structure. I felt like they could have provided the applicants with a few more opportunities. Oh well.
did you go on the undergraduate campus?

armybound

urologist.
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was spoiled by my undergrad, I think Vandy's campus doesn't quite stack up :(

It is a nice place, though. And it's nice that it's so small so that that I can walk over to Five Guys in under 10 minutes :D

aebvd97

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was spoiled by my undergrad, I think Vandy's campus doesn't quite stack up :(

It is a nice place, though. And it's nice that it's so small so that that I can walk over to Five Guys in under 10 minutes :D

Where did you do your undergrad? Duke? Apparently many consider Vandy's to be the prettiest. The buildings are necessarily the coolest I've seen..but just the feel and sooo many trees; it just meshes so well.

gonzalez

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies on Vandy - 11am is right for those wondering

zpiff

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was the only person on my Vandy interview day. But you probably shouldn't expect this :laugh:.