Washington U?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moonk321

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone who got any letter from Wash U recently?
I had my interview on late Feb, and heard that the official announcement of waitlist would be on Mar 18th..

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed in early November and still hadn't heard anything, so I finally called the Admissions Office on Friday, March 19. They said that I am "still under consideration," whatever that means. They said that all applicants will receive a decision by April 15.

yup, interviewed in early Feb, and still haven't heard anything either.......i kinda have a feeling i'll be waiting until April 15th to discover my fate

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a letter from WashU a week ago--waitlisted. My interview was on Feb. 9th. Good luck y'all.

Interviewed in Dec. and still haven't received anything ... :rolleyes:

About three weeks ago I got a letter from them telling me that I was waitlisted but that they still plan on accepting about 50 people off the waitlist. They then asked me to send back a reservation form if I wanted to remain on the waitlist.
I declined, it's a great school but I wouldn't go there if accepted so I didn't want to hold someone elses acceptance up just so I could stoke my ego with another acceptance.
I recieved another letter on Friday the 19th confirming that I declined to remain on their waitlist and asking me to consider them for my future training.

March 9, 2004.

Waitlist letter, as rgporter mentioned above.

I'm holding a position, because I'm still mulling it over between WashU and NU. Leaning towards NU, but I'd like to have the choice if it comes down to it.

04DukeBio

Received the same waitlist letter today, dated March 19. I'm actually pretty happy about it because at this point I had figured it was gonna be a rejection.

I have the dubious honor of being the first person on SDN to be rejected from Wash U. post-interview. I interviewed in November. Good luck to those who are still waiting!

BananaSplit

Banana, sorry to break it to you, but i think i hold that distinction! I interviewed in Jan and got my rejection letter a couple weeks ago.

hey all,

just got my waitlist letter yesterday......*sigh*

Does anyone know how the waiting list works? I was told there were no rankings, so how do they pick from there? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Hi There
Does anyone know how the waiting list works? I was told there were no rankings, so how do they pick from there? Thanks

Finally! An observer comes out of the woodwork.

If they are your first choice, you need to let them know. When I interviewed, they told me point blank they want to admit people who are excited to be there. The schools is A+ sweet, so, let em know.

CCW

I've sent an email to my interviewer reiterating my interest in the school, but I'm not sure whether I should be doing this frequently or not. I know come summer you're supposed to be checking almost daily, but at this point I'm not quite sure what else to do....

Does anyone know if they will eventually be splitting the waitlist into tiers so you know your chances?

Send a letter directly to the admissions office, or to Dean Dodson himself. I would send it right around April 7 when more decisions are being made. Send updates with the letter as well, if you have any.

CCW

Originally posted by Cooper_Wriston
Send a letter directly to the admissions office, or to Dean Dodson himself. I would send it right around April 7 when more decisions are being made. Send updates with the letter as well, if you have any.

CCW

Thanks a lot for the help. I interviewed pretty late because I applied right on the deadline, so I'm not sure how much that factored into my waitlisting, and how much they like me as a candidate. My scores are good, and since WashU has a high MCAT average I was a bit surprised to receive the waitlist. I think it'll turn out well though :) .

Best of Luck. This is a school that is going nowhere but up, imo.

CCW

as a former waitlistee......if you really wanna come, just keep letting them know, it matters, a lot. and yea, there's a lot of us in the class this year, so there WILL be spots opening up
good luck kids :)

bumpin' this bad-boy.........any waitlisters hear anything lately????? it is still pretty early :scared:

Nope, nothing new. I did recieve a confirmation email from WU admissions saying they recieved my waitlist letter.

WU's pulls from the waitlist for a while. One friend of mine got accepted in mid/late July, so I wouldn't worry too much now.

Best,
Lochmoor

Hey everyone...I just withdrew from WashU yesterday, so there's at least one spot opening up. I'm sure there be lots more withdrawals when May 15 rolls around, so hang in there! Good luck!

PianoGirl04 said:
Hey everyone...I just withdrew from WashU yesterday, so there's at least one spot opening up. I'm sure there be lots more withdrawals when May 15 rolls around, so hang in there! Good luck!

Have you decided to go to UPenn? If so, congratulations. You will make a great addition to the School of Medicine. Perhaps, I will see you in the fall if I get off the waitlist! :)

DrJ2B said:
Have you decided to go to UPenn? If so, congratulations. You will make a great addition to the School of Medicine. Perhaps, I will see you in the fall if I get off the waitlist! :)

Thanks, DrJ! Actually, though, I'm leaning heavily toward Pitt. The more I hear about that school, the more I love it. I'm 98% sure I'll be going to Pitt, and if I do, the spots I'm holding onto at Penn and UVa will open up. I sincerely hope Penn comes to its senses and offers you an acceptance! :)

PianoGirl04 said:
Thanks, DrJ! Actually, though, I'm leaning heavily toward Pitt. The more I hear about that school, the more I love it. I'm 98% sure I'll be going to Pitt, and if I do, the spots I'm holding onto at Penn and UVa will open up. I sincerely hope Penn comes to its senses and offers you an acceptance! :)

Thank you so much for the kind words. Pitt will be very happy to have you as a student. How is your semester going? Are you happy to graduate? I cannot wait to leave NYU. It has been increasingly annoying being here. :mad:

DrJ2B said:
Thank you so much for the kind words. Pitt will be very happy to have you as a student. How is your semester going? Are you happy to graduate? I cannot wait to leave NYU. It has been increasingly annoying being here. :mad:

I hear ya...I'm definitely ready to graduate and especially to get out of Ithaca. I've been hit with senioritis, so the semester is going as well as it can given the fact that I don't have very much motivation left to get any work done.

PM me anytime if you want to chat! :)

Does anyone know if at any point they give any information about relative standing on the waitlist? They say it is not ranked... but there must be some kind of a top half/bottom half...
Going crazy waiting and waiting everyday! :eek:

Love4Radiohead said:
Does anyone know if at any point they give any information about relative standing on the waitlist? They say it is not ranked... but there must be some kind of a top half/bottom half...
Going crazy waiting and waiting everyday! :eek:

your guess is as good as mine......I'm also going crazy, especially because I have NO IDEA where I stand on this list and thus don't know what to make of my chances. I had lunch with Dean Walters, and he confirmed the non-ranked waitlist, although thats pretty much all he told me. Ignorance is definitely NOT bliss right now :scared:

Funny I had lunch with Dean Walters too.
Yeah I have heard (I don't know how reliable) that they take people off the waitlist according to demographics, maybe because they have the mentality that everyone on the waitlist is qualified to be at Wash U.
Anyway, I will post once I hear something (which prob won't be for awhile).
:(

if its unranked...

maybe after they have offered everyone something....(acceptance, wl, rejection) they go back and review all the waitlisters again and begin to compare them to the other waitlisters and start taking them off as the committee votes on them.

I know 3-4 people currently attending WUSTL SOM that were pulled off the waitlist in previous years. Actually i am meeting one of them on Sunday for brunch. She is a really good friend of mine, so i am going to ask her what she did in order to be accepted and when that happened.

Good luck!

Anyone have any ideas on how many people are on the wl? I figure WU probably interviewed over 1000 and I estimate that they've already sent acceptances to around 200+ people, leaving 800 either wl or reject. I dont think many got post-interview rejects, so there may be around 500+??? on wl?

Also, from looking at the wl assistance thread from 2003, no one posted an accept from the wl until May 14 and eventually totaling 5? through july.

I believe last i asked there are well over 500, probably closer to 1000. your chances of getting in off the waitlist are much less than your chances were getting admitted in the first place, as scary as that sounds! :eek:

i think it's unique to that particular school though, because most aren't hogs and don't waitlist every single student they don't accept. i had friends who wash u called and solcited to apply because they had 38 + mcats but they got rejected almost immediately after they submitted their apps. wonder how they get all that money! :) *jk*

goodluck to you all on the waitling lists!