Washington U.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone heard of people being rejected post-interview from wash u yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Whitney said:
Sorry to change the subject, but does anyone know when the next adcom meeting is??
If they keep with the third Thursday thing, it should be Feb. 17.

Hey guys,

I just found out today that I am an Olin finalist, so I will be going back to St. Louis in about three weeks for yet another interview! Is anyone else out there going? It would be great to meet some SNDers :)

Treg

Members don't see this ad :)
Pinkertinkle said:
Wow congratz, how did they contact you btw?

Thanks! I got an email around noon (mountain time) today. The interviews are on the 21st of March, and all travel expenses are covered :D

Treg

when is the next meeting? why dont they just reject me now jeez

Yeah, when's their next adcom meeting? I interviewed on monday and they said it was the last week of interviews.

wends said:
i interviewed there in november and still havent head a thing...........i thought the interview went well and i thought i expressed myself well.......alas, i have a 36 also, but my gpa is only 3.72 so i dont know if it cuts it for WashU. freak i hate waiting! :confused:

Wends, don't worry. My friend got in back in November with a 36. Thus, I don't think numbers are really that important there.

Microhabitats said:
Wends, don't worry. My friend got in back in November with a 36. Thus, I don't think numbers are really that important there.

thanks micro.....it just really sucks, i sent them letters of interests, my fall term grades.....what else can i do? god its so frustrating, i really just want to be accepted

Microhabitats said:

whoa. I think numbers are VERY important for wash u. I also think 36 is VERY GOOD score.

36 = not into numbers?! That's the frickin' 96th percentile!! It also happens to be WashU's average. If your friend had, say, a 27 then I think you could argue WashU doesn't care about numbers. wends, your numbers are not the problem! None of this whole mess makes any sense at all. I am beyond ready to be rid of it.

Wash U has been sending acceptances for quite some time and has recently finished interviewing (or so I've heard). So, is the class full yet? In other words, will WashU only be giving waitlist spots from now on? If not, how close to full is the class?

read: I would love to get in and am wondering if I still have a chance.

Members don't see this ad :)
I belive they still have one more big committee meeting in a couple of weeks to decide on the last batch of initial acceptances.

k-monger said:

Are they going to decide on last week's interviewees this week? Does anybody know?

good luck everyone if there is a meeting tomorrow! i'll be praying but im not hopefull :oops: :luck: :love:

k-monger said:
Wash U has been sending acceptances for quite some time and has recently finished interviewing (or so I've heard). So, is the class full yet? In other words, will WashU only be giving waitlist spots from now on? If not, how close to full is the class?
i asked a woman at the admissions office before i scheduled my interview, and she said "we will continue to offer acceptances as long as we interview"--meaning that no one who interviewed is denied the possibility of an outright acceptance. if you haven't heard back, who knows--maybe you're in!

of course, for whatever reason, i'm still not too confident about my chances. having interviewed in mid-february, i kinda feel like that friend everybody has whom you always call last on a friday night because no one else was available and you had already decided that you were going out no matter what. :laugh:

oh well, much luck, everyone! :luck:

I interviewed in mid october and haven't heard anything.........waitlist here I come! :D

dcham said:
I interviewed in mid october and haven't heard anything.........waitlist here I come! :D

Right there with you (although it might be an outright rejection). I interviewed the first week in october.

bump, good luck ppl!!! :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :love:

ninebillion said:
The full committee might be meeting tomorrow since they're nearing the end of the cycle. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, LRmed2003: Are you definitely set on Duke now? Are you going to abandon us on the Baylor thread? ;)

hey 9 billion!! i am definitely still here ya'll..just super excited about Duke.. i am getting nervous about Wash U b/c it's taking soooo long..when is the final final FINAL batch of acceptances going out? i interviewed in december..

~L

I'm not positive, but I think I saw the admissions committee getting together this afternoon, so good news may be on the way :)

Syranope2 said:
I'm not positive, but I think I saw the admissions committee getting together this afternoon, so good news may be on the way :)

yeah they have adcom meeting today. then the last one is on march 17.
to those of you who interviewed way back... did they seriously not send you any news? not even waitlist? :( oh man...
well good luck everyone!

I interviewed on Oct. 14th and have heard NOTHING, but I know people who have gotten rejection letters, so this could be a good thing.

They've always said that they won't put the waitlist together until March. Supposedly you could be accepted six months after you interview, because they choose the best files of all the ones that haven't been accepted yet. That's why no one has heard anything about post-interview waitlists or rejections. I swear they design this process for maximum stress and confusion.

Wiggy73 said:
I swear they design this process for maximum stress and confusion.

I think this process is pretty...comfortable compared to some others; notably N'Western. On my interview day at Wash U, they gave a precise description of how and when our files would be handled. I appreciated it. Now I hope they appreciate me (ie, accept me!).

k-monger said:
I think this process is pretty...comfortable compared to some others; notably N'Western. On my interview day at Wash U, they gave a precise description of how and when our files would be handled. I appreciated it. Now I hope they appreciate me (ie, accept me!).
Right, they gave us that detailed description, and I'm still fuzzy. Does the acceptance decision actually get made in the subcommittee, or if they decide to bring you before the full committee could you still get shot down? How do they balance out acceptances among the regions? Do they really get to all the regions at each committee meeting? Plus, I can't believe I'm the only one who finds it cruel that they get your hopes up every month - since you have a chance of being accepted every time the adcom meets - and then blast them into little tiny bits around the next Monday when you can't possibly rationalize any longer why that express package is taking so long. At least with Northwestern you know when to expect your decision post-interview.

Wiggy73 said:
Right, they gave us that detailed description, and I'm still fuzzy. Does the acceptance decision actually get made in the subcommittee, or if they decide to bring you before the full committee could you still get shot down?

Oh, excellent point. The subcommittee/full committee process is beyond me.

Also, the good news is there are only two meetings left for them to play with our emotions.

another meeting came and past.............hopefully someone here will have good news! :luck: :p

I am not holding my breath. I think they interview WAY too many poeple. It's just a waste of applicants time.

wends said:
another meeting came and past.............hopefully someone here will have good news! :luck: :p

I got the call yesterday. I'm really excited about the school and I hope to see a lot of you there next year!

kikkoman said:
I got the call yesterday. I'm really excited about the school and I hope to see a lot of you there next year!

Congrats!!!!! :thumbup:
and now for the barrage of questions- do you know if all students are called? and when did you interview? and when were acceptances sent out via snail mail? :p

Dentotape said:
Congrats!!!!! :thumbup:
and now for the barrage of questions- do you know if all students are called? and when did you interview? and when were acceptances sent out via snail mail? :p
I got called yesterday (which I missed) and early this morning (about 30 mins ago). I'm guessing that Dr. Dodson is still making calls.

I interviewed mid-February, but I got the invite a few months ago.

congrats!! :D

does dr. dodson call everyone?

kikkoman said:
I got called yesterday (which I missed) and early this morning (about 30 mins ago). I'm guessing that Dr. Dodson is still making calls.

I interviewed mid-February, but I got the invite a few months ago.

Let me guess: >35 MCAT, >3.8 GPA?

no decision has been put on my file yet, still under review, i think that they're just gonna waitlist me in april.

how many ppl get off the waitlist? they must interview 1500 ppl for a reason.

wends said:
no decision has been put on my file yet, still under review, i think that they're just gonna waitlist me in april.

how many ppl get off the waitlist? they must interview 1500 ppl for a reason.

same here :oops:

I didn't know they interview 1500 ppl. My chances of getting into Wash U looks slimmer each day.

lol. i call like every month. i just call teh admissions office, the number on their website. i think its 314-362-6858. just give your name and they look it up for you. i dont think we could reach any higher authority, but if you do tell me too

Does anyone know if people are being rejected post interview?? I interviewed in late Jan and still nothing...I'm nervously expecting a rejection letter! Yeah, and what about the waitlist? Is there a lot of movement and when do they decide on that?

Hey,

I'm pretty darn stoked! I received an acceptance yesterday. I was complete August 21 and interviewed February 14. I didn't even expect an interview, but holy smokes....

Sparky Man said:
Hey,

I'm pretty darn stoked! I received an acceptance yesterday. I was complete August 21 and interviewed February 14. I didn't even expect an interview, but holy smokes....
congrats, Sparky Man! :thumbup: wow, and we interviewed on the same day (well...you, me, and about 40 other people). hmmm, i guess i've already been officially passed over. damn! :smuggrin:

superdevil said:
congrats, Sparky Man! :thumbup: wow, and we interviewed on the same day (well...you, me, and about 40 other people). hmmm, i guess i've already been officially passed over. damn! :smuggrin:

Thanks dude! Good luck, you are going to make one hell of a doctor no matter what. :thumbup:

The admissions process seems like such a random deal. More acceptances might be coming from Wash U. soon, you never know.

Congrats, kikkoman & Sparky Man!!! And :luck: to those still waiting. . . there is to be one more adcom meeting later in March, no?

Interviewed at the end of October, was finally put out of my misery with a rejection on Friday. Congrats to the rest of you.

iggyboop said:
Interviewed at the end of October, was finally put out of my misery with a rejection on Friday. Congrats to the rest of you.

Sorry about the rejection iggyboop. I'm totally expecting mine as well and I interviewed in December. To make matters worse, I looked at mdapplicants.com just to see how people with my mcat score fared with WashU post-interview this year (my score is below average for WashU), and so far, none of them have gotten in (there's about 10 with my score). Ah well, what can i do.

maygirl said:
Sorry about the rejection iggyboop. I'm totally expecting mine as well and I interviewed in December. To make matters worse, I looked at mdapplicants.com just to see how people with my mcat score fared with WashU post-interview this year (my score is below average for WashU), and so far, none of them have gotten in (there's about 10 with my score). Ah well, what can i do.

Wash U:

"Dear iggyboop,

Despite your fine record and accomplishments the Committee on Admissions has not found it possible to offer you a place in the class. This year we have received more applications from qualified applicants than we can accommodate in our class. This has made the deliberations of the committee on Admissions particularly difficult."

Gee, when you put it that way, I think I feel sorry for you! :rolleyes: "Which of these applicants who we all sent we're-interested-in-you...sucker letters should we have to accept...man, this is tough! If they only knew how hard it was on us...gee, let's tell them in their rejection letters."

washU sends out rejections??? :( :eek: :scared: i thought you didnt hear until april 15 unless its an acceptance.........

oh god......so scared now.

Good luck to all the people who are still waiting!

Does anybody know if Wash U entertains requests for deferrals? And if so, what the deadline is to make the request? I haven't made any decisions yet, but there is some chance that I'm going to need/want to stay out of school for another year.