Washington Univ. Online Status Check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopkins2010

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My app is complete at WUSTL except for my verified AMCAS app. I sent them a paper copy awhile back, but apparently AMCAS hasnt bothered to send out my official one yet.

My app is completely processed and verified as has been so for over a month now. I have a transmittal date on my online AMCAS printout but I realize that just refers to preliminary data they sent. So even though AMCAS has my official, verified app it appears they are still way behind schedule, even with mailing out apps.

My question is, has anybody noticed whether or not WUSTL says they have received your verified AMCAS? Do they use only verified AMCAS for interviews or will they decide based on an otherwise complete app?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Baylor. I'm in almost the same situation as you, except that your AMCAS application was processed before mine. I submitted the Wash U online secondary on 7/18 and also sent the AMCAS printout, check, letters of recommendation, etc. at the same time. When I called their Admissions Office on 8/15, they affirmed that my file was complete, but told me that their Admissions Committee wouldn't even begin to start reviewing applications until September. I imagine that they'll start granting interviews before they receive verified applications from AMCAS, but they'll probably wait until they receive verified applications before they start sending out acceptance letters. Hope this helps.

I've noticed something though...

and that is Washington St. Louis, doesnt update their website...so I'm thinking maybe they have your verified application but haven't posted it yet? :D

good luck baylor,...if there is anyone who fits to be in med school...ITS U...aint that so praying4md ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Whatcha... you're right. I submitted my apps and fee etc on 7/20 and to this day it still says that nothing was received. I emailed the admissions office and they apparently checked the website and said they had nothing. Then, I called the office today and was told that they had my paperwork. So I'd call just to make sure.

yeah, I sent in my certification, photo, etc on august 2nd and the website still says they haven't received anything. annoying

I called to check the status of my app. The person who answered the phone asked whether I had checked my status on the web. I replied 'oops, I was not aware of the site." She kinda sighed as she manually checked my app, apparently there is a significant lag between the physical process and the logical web status update. My app is complete and they do not have my verified AMCRAP errhh AMCAS app. Next day, I got an email stating that my app was complete and under review. Good folks at that University, very helpful.