WashU MD/MSTP interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctor_indiga

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question: what should we do if we received an MD interview, but they haven't finished reviewing our MSTP application yet? Should I call them to postpone the MD interview until I hear from the MSTP committee?

Members don't see this ad.

Quick question: what should we do if we received an MD interview, but they haven't finished reviewing our MSTP application yet? Should I call them to postpone the MD interview until I hear from the MSTP committee?

I wanted to save a bit of money on travel, so yes I called them. Does anybody know if its ok to ask them when they will reach their decision on MSTP?

I did that numerous times when I interviewed. It's a very common thing to receive a MD invite on your MD/PhD app before you hear from the MD/PhD side. Just call the MD side and let them know you're waiting for the MD/PhD decision. You can interview for MD while you're there or call back if you don't get an MD/PhD interview.

You can ask the MD/PhD side questions like when they will reach their decision... But they're liable not to tell you :laugh: Just be patient, I've never heard of a MD/PhD program that gives MD-only consideration sending interview invites so late that the MD side has stopped.