washU vs sinai?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wellwatcanwedonow

Reaction score
im in a huge predicament here. sinai would be close to my support system that im struggling to leave and i love the city, but i feel as if the medical school is not as "great" as washu. and by great i mean the curriculum, research opportunities, residency match and facilities. any advice?

based on no finan info

Members don't see this ad.

im in a huge predicament here. sinai would be close to my support system that im struggling to leave and i love the city, but i feel as if the medical school is not as "great" as washu. and by great i mean the curriculum, research opportunities, residency match and facilities. any advice?

based on no finan info
Do you feel that WashU's support system can overcome the challenges of not being close to your own support system? Are you afraid the cultural adjustment might be too stark (there's no 24 hour subway in St. Louis)? Do you see St. Louis as a growth opportunity to learn about how America is like outside of the novel culture of the NYC metro area?

On the curricular side, whichever one you feel serves your learning style best. I'll let others on the ground comment.

Reactions: 1 user
Both T20s but seems like in medicine WashU>Sinai. However, if you are more concerned with matching to NY then Sinai might have a leg up. A lot of students from Sinai match in NY. Also they're both powerhouses in medicine so I would not worry about which one is slightly "better" in terms of prestige/research.