WashU vs. UCI (Full-Tuition) vs. UCLA vs. UCSD vs. UCD

Started by smallfjbb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

smallfjbb

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a preference for staying and matching in California, though I am not opposed to going to St. Louis.

The biggest reason I am leaning towards UCI right now is because of the scholarship; the other schools have given me varying amounts of money, though nothing like full-tuition. WashU (without money) costs an estimated $360k vs. UCLA (without money) at $330k. In the end, WashU and UCLA are approximately the same price. UCSD/UCD would be roughly 80% CoA.

I have more of a support system near both UCSD and UCD but I do not foresee relying on said support systems much.

As of right now, I am most interested in ophthalmology, ENT, urology, neurology (distant fourth). From what I can tell, UCI is actually a better pick for these interests compared to UCSD/UCD; so, what I am really considering, I suppose, is whether I should attend UCI vs. WashU vs. UCLA. I think that the private school difference (in terms of support) would be quite valuable, and I am not really sure if I care/should care about the difference between UCI and UCLA in terms of opportunities.

Would love to hear any and all input. Thanks all!
 
Is there a scholarship value at which you'd choose WashU or UCLA over UCI? If you got a full ride to all 3, where would you ideally wanna go?
 
I would go UCI.

Can’t see how any of the others are worth 300k more.

If you want ent, optho, urology then you can do a research year and still come out on top in a financial sense.