1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

WashU

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Premed2003, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Premed2003

Premed2003 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi,

I'm kind of confused about the WashU optional question that says "Do you have unique experiences or obstacles that you have overcome that were not covered in
    your application about which you would like to inform our Admissions Committee?"

Do they mean
    Do you have obstacles that you have overcome, or unique experiences (positive experiences) that were not covered in the application...
    or do they mean
    do you have unique experiences that you have overcome, or obstacles that yu have overcome?

In other words, can I discuss an important extracurricular that is unique that i didn't discuss elsewhere?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jot

jot

the former. discuss what you want.

4. Epi

Epi Fuzzy Tiger
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    They probably mean
    "obstacles that you have overcome, or unique experiences (positive experiences) that were not covered in the application...
    "

in other words, yes you can discuss an important activity that you have not mentioned before.

you can write about anything you want, as long as you feel that it is important.

5. Premed2003

Premed2003 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Excellent! Thanks

This is the same for Stanford and UPitt as well, right? They have these long questions but you can really write whatever you think is important, correct?

6. jot

jot

uh huh