WashU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premed2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm kind of confused about the WashU optional question that says "Do you have unique experiences or obstacles that you have overcome that were not covered in
your application about which you would like to inform our Admissions Committee?"

Do they mean
Do you have obstacles that you have overcome, or unique experiences (positive experiences) that were not covered in the application...
or do they mean
do you have unique experiences that you have overcome, or obstacles that yu have overcome?

In other words, can I discuss an important extracurricular that is unique that i didn't discuss elsewhere?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

They probably mean
"obstacles that you have overcome, or unique experiences (positive experiences) that were not covered in the application...
"

in other words, yes you can discuss an important activity that you have not mentioned before.

you can write about anything you want, as long as you feel that it is important.

Members don't see this ad :)
Excellent! Thanks

This is the same for Stanford and UPitt as well, right? They have these long questions but you can really write whatever you think is important, correct?