Watches

Started by Ronin786
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you watch connoisseurs think about the Shinola brand? They're in the 1-2K price range and from my basic understanding seem to be decent watches. Supposedly made by a swiss watch maker who moved to Detroit.
Men’s Watches

I've got a shinola, I love it. It's essentially an expensive fashion watch, it is just a quartz. I fell in love with the look and also I like the brand. I've had it 1.5 years and other than needing a small repair on the alligator band (done for free) it has had zero issues. I like how accurate quartz are and that I don't have to wind it or shake it around and re-set it.

But those who are really into watches tend to snub shinola because they are expensive and just a quartz. I think it's all jewelry.