Waterloo 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, I don't know if any of you had a similar problem, but I can't login to quest. I went to activate your WatIM, entered my name and the 8 digit waterloo ID# that Waterloo has sent me and my birth date, and it says my account is already active. Yet when I try to use forgot password, it says specified user not found -_-". Is there something I am missing, or is this just waterloo saying don't bother, you are not accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I don't know if any of you had a similar problem, but I can't login to quest. I went to activate your WatIM, entered my name and the 8 digit waterloo ID# that Waterloo has sent me and my birth date, and it says my account is already active. Yet when I try to use forgot password, it says specified user not found -_-". Is there something I am missing, or is this just waterloo saying don't bother, you are not accepted?

That's what I did and it was fine. I did realize that Quest isn't compatible with Google Chrome so if you're using that as your browser, that could cause issues. You'd be able to create an account as long as you were an applicant to the university because they'd have given you your Waterloo ID.

That's what I did and it was fine. I did realize that Quest isn't compatible with Google Chrome so if you're using that as your browser, that could cause issues. You'd be able to create an account as long as you were an applicant to the university because they'd have given you your Waterloo ID.

Alright, I forgot my actual user ID which was different than the 8 digit one waterloo sent me, but thank you for the tips, I was also using chrome haha. Now I have a question about quest itself, if I am on the student center home page, and it says Admission: Application(s) and the mini table with term, career, program, campus etc. does that mean my application is still not processed yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright, I forgot my actual user ID which was different than the 8 digit one waterloo sent me, but thank you for the tips, I was also using chrome haha. Now I have a question about quest itself, if I am on the student center home page, and it says Admission: Application(s) and the mini table with term, career, program, campus etc. does that mean my application is still not processed yet?

If you click Optometry under the program option it'll bring you to another page with the details on your application. It will say there.

Hey does anybody know if unaccepted people will receive an email saying they weren't selected? Or has anybody been waitlisted? Just need a peace of mind haha

Also for those accepted did you receive and email? Or was it only on quest that said admit?

Last edited:
Hey does anybody know if unaccepted people will receive an email saying they weren't selected? Or has anybody been waitlisted? Just need a peace of mind haha

Also for those accepted did you receive and email? Or was it only on quest that said admit?

Yesterday it was just updated on Quest as saying "Admit" and today I received an email. Hope that helps!

Hi guys

I just recieved an email stating that I was placed on the waiting list. Can we please post who declines their offers and who gets off the list here? so we know how fast the list is moving?

Thanks and congrats to all those who got in!!

Hi guys

I just recieved an email stating that I was placed on the waiting list. Can we please post who declines their offers and who gets off the list here? so we know how fast the list is moving?

Thanks and congrats to all those who got in!!
hey what number are you on the list! and congrats being on the waiting list is still amazing :)

What did the admissions people say during the interview? I think they said last year it only went through 6 people but the year before it went through 25...? or something maybe im hearing wrong and just being hopeful! >_<

hey what number are you on the list! and congrats being on the waiting list is still amazing :)

What did the admissions people say during the interview? I think they said last year it only went through 6 people but the year before it went through 25...? or something maybe im hearing wrong and just being hopeful! >_<

I'm #20 on the list :/ I wonder how many people they have on it... and you are right, I did hear them say that last year was a surprise for them since they only moved through 4-6 people on the waiting list, where normally they move through way more.

did you get admitted?

I'm #20 on the list :/ I wonder how many people they have on it... and you are right, I did hear them say that last year was a surprise for them since they only moved through 4-6 people on the waiting list, where normally they move through way more.

did you get admitted?

waitlisted :( !

Guys don't give up yet! Med school/dentistry results come out during the summer so that's when the list starts moving.

If you get rejected, I believe they send you an email and an official letter. I received one last year because I couldn't hand in my reference letters in time...

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted as well #21. Like msu192 said can those that decline please post about it so we know how the list is moving?
And congrats to everyone that got in

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone, I received an offer of admission via email earlier today! (I didn't know you guys were all checking on this Quest thing, I haven't even had a chance to look at it haha). Thanks to all of you for the advice/support!!

Congrats to everyone else, and best of luck to those on the waitlist - really hope you guys get in!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was admitted as well yesterday so Congrats everyone else! For those waitlisted, I hope you guys get in.
I can't wait to meet everyone in the Fall :)

Is anyone else having trouble logging onto Quest? the page doesn't seem to load. :/

Also, a question for current optometry students: how generous is Waterloo with regards to financial aid? How much is the tuition per year exactly? (plus supplies)? I'm not sure how much more I can get from OSAP since I have been in undergrad for quite a while now.

Also, another question - how do you guys manage the workload? is it overwhelming?

Last edited:
Is anyone else having trouble logging onto Quest? the page doesn't seem to load. :/

Also, a question for current optometry students: how generous is Waterloo with regards to financial aid? How much is the tuition per year exactly? (plus supplies)? I'm not sure how much more I can get from OSAP since I have been in undergrad for quite a while now.

Also, another question - how do you guys manage the workload? is it overwhelming?

It is not working for me either. I recommend posting your question on the facebook group, you will get a faster reply.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1408609739397849/

Hey,
if you do worse when you retake the OAT, does it look really bad or do they simply ignore the score and go to the best one?
Last year I got 360/350 and thinking of retaking it but I am really unsure. Should I retake it with that score?
thanks

Hey,
if you do worse when you retake the OAT, does it look really bad or do they simply ignore the score and go to the best one?
Last year I got 360/350 and thinking of retaking it but I am really unsure. Should I retake it with that score?
thanks

They only take your best score and I don't think they take number of attempts into consideration. And your score seems pretty good to me! I scored something similar to you (370 TS/350AA) and got an offer of admittance so I would like to think you're fine. If none of the individual categories fall below 300, I think it's safe not to re-take it but it doesn't hurt to boost it if you want to have a stronger application?

Applications for 2015 can now be accessed on the website!

I know Waterloo has shifted to focusing and putting more emphasis on the applicants' extracurricular/jobs/shadowing and interview more than OAT and GPA, but does anyone on this forum know someone who had decent GPA (3.6) and OAT (360) but got rejected? Thanks