Way off topic: Medicine/Surgery on TV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr.LeoSpaceman

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As I've had a little more time lately, I've hasld to find something mindless to put on as background noise. I know the standard answer is that "Scrubs" is the most accurate, but I recently revisted "ER". I remembered watching it growing up, but the last time I saw an episode had to be prior to medical school. In rewatching now, I've gained a new appreciation for it. In general, the medical consultants did a pretty good job of realistic situations...even if the same problem of mission creep of providers seen in other shows applies. That being said I think what it does best is capture the personal/emotional side of dealing with patients, and it really resonates.