Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What winter classes do you reccommend?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
The three common winter classes are Physio II, Pharmacology, and Endocrine. See my notes above about the three!
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What winter classes do you reccommend?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
How about psl7030 IM 7010 and 7030?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
I know I just can only take so many because of my work schedule do they take say a.other biochemical class in stead of the one you mentioned? Like from the chemical or Bio department at the grad level? I got plenty of options In The winter but not in the fall
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
I saw those BMB classes it sayd that they are only open to pHD students? Or does it matter to us.
Thanks for being so helpful!
Yes I am looking for ideas. I work at like 12-8 lol. Winter seems to be ok fall i have a few ideas but they arent offered through the med school. There are a few but not enough.
How many hours per week do you recommend for studying? I am looking to work around 20hrs/week but don't want to compromise my grades.
Tell me about Path 7000 are there alot of prereqs you have to take? I could probably do that and essay.I don't know if they are only open for PhD students. But they were listed in my BMS program course guide as electives so I'd imagine we can get into them (maybe w/ instructor permission).
All the Fall classes I know of:
Physio I (PSL 7010)
Biochemistry (BMB 7010)
Advanced cardiovascular physio (probably requires Physio II first) (PSL 7600)
Neurophysiology (again, maybe has a prereq) (PSL 7660)
Principles of toxicology (maybe requires Pharm) (PHC 7410)
Drugs and the addictive process (PHC 6500)
General pathology (PTH 7000)
Molecular bio and genetics (MBG 7010)
Microbio (IM 7020)
Those are the ones that I have taken, am about to take, or know of people taking. There are probably more but hopefully that gives you some options for Fall classes!

Take Bio6000 super easy ..I took it as one of my upper bio clsses during my undergrad. studies
90-95% is A minus
95 -100 A
its fun class and the instructor is super nice and lovely
Who is the instructor and if I do take that Ill have to take IM 7020 which coincides with work. I probably could work something out around then but Id rather avoid it altogether.
Have you heard anything about Path 7000?
Karen Beningo is the instructor and yah you could work it out with BMB maybe (that's 7 credits)
Path 7000 no idea..i dont see it listed under the CURRICULUM & DEGREE REQUIREMENTS...is there a list of the classes somewhere else i'm not aware of ?
Hey everyone,
I am applying for Winter 2013, I applied in Fall but was not accepted so I figured I would try again for winter. I have around a 2.9 GPA. I applied with a DAT score and I haven't taken the MCAT yet. I wanted to wait to raise my GPA with the program and then take the MCAT. I have a DAT score of 16 but I might take the GRE. What GRE score do you think is needed to get in?
Thanks
JMO, you really don't need a program like this if those are your stats. If anything, put all your effort into improving your MCAT. But even with the 31 I'd be hesitant to retake.
I did my first 3 years in community college getting C after C in my prereqs. At UC I got As in classes like biochemistry, physical chemistry, inorganic chem, etc. However my overall GPA is still super low( around 3.15).
Does anyone know why the linkage is only ~33% to WSU. Are people not getting 3.7+ in the program or are they applying elsewhere?
I'm guessing a lot of people commute, but the area around the school is safe. Midtown is a great neighborhood and there's a large police presence around the campus at all times.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.