-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Wayne State interviews and admission
Started by Ifailedmytest
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I understand that wayne state does rolling interviews but, example I submitted my pharmcas the last week of November and got an interview on jan 20? So what I am asking are the interview really based on your gpa and Pcat score and thats how you get an earlier interview?
I understand that wayne state does rolling interviews but, example I submitted my pharmcas the last week of November and got an interview on jan 20? So what I am asking are the interview really based on your gpa and Pcat score and thats how you get an earlier interview?
That's a very good question. I think mine was submitted either the last week of october or first week of november and I have a very good gpa, experience, but not the greatest PCAT. So who knows how they really decide on the interviews.
Look I totally understand, its not just wayne state but other schools as well are dealing with a lot of applications and interviews. But they really need to set up a system which makes it more clear with the students, because for example who ever had an interview now waits for an undetermined amount of time just to hear any news and honestly it's a pain. I swear to god I have refreshed my email a 100,000 times
also
<---- thats funny lol
also
<---- thats funny lolI keep telling everyone that I am going crazy...I am doing the same thing as you guys...constaintly checking my e-mail and SDN.
Does anyone know if their was a writing component to the interview last year? It's just weird that last year people found out like 2 days after their interview and now this year it has almost been 3 weeks (3 weeks tomorrow).
Does anyone know if their was a writing component to the interview last year? It's just weird that last year people found out like 2 days after their interview and now this year it has almost been 3 weeks (3 weeks tomorrow).
Hey guys, How do you know if you got into Wayne? Do they email you , call you, snail mail, or smoke signals? I hope its not smoke signals or we might get false signals coming from Detroit ( its a joke relax ppl)
<---- I still think this is funnier
<---- I still think this is funnierSee I heard different, They said since other schools have started admitting in people that they would do it quickly and i interviewed on jan 20, man do you know how much I hate my email?
<--- Now he's killing a banana lol

<--- Now he's killing a banana lol Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How competitive is Wayne State? Does anyone know how hard it is to get into this school?
I can't really say how it compares competitively to other schools but I have read that they normally accept 20% of the applicants. I think their average gpa is like a 3.7 and pcat is in the low 80s.
HI Guys,
Im applying from Ontario Canada, and I was complete september 11th. Wayne state has all of my information, transcripts, evaluations etc. I have pharm experience, crazy extracurrics, 90+ PCAT and 3.7+ GPA.
Why haven't I received an interview yet? Do they really favour in-state students that much?
When are the remaining interview dates? Is there a last date to find out about interviews? I thought rolling admission meant the earlier people applied the better the chances. ... clearly not in my case 🙁
Any help or info will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks guys!
Im applying from Ontario Canada, and I was complete september 11th. Wayne state has all of my information, transcripts, evaluations etc. I have pharm experience, crazy extracurrics, 90+ PCAT and 3.7+ GPA.
Why haven't I received an interview yet? Do they really favour in-state students that much?
When are the remaining interview dates? Is there a last date to find out about interviews? I thought rolling admission meant the earlier people applied the better the chances. ... clearly not in my case 🙁
Any help or info will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks guys!
I interviewed on the 20th as well and they told me they hope to let people know by March lol. I find that to long and we will hear back sooner because i just interviewed at CCP and they said I should hear back by the end of Feb. I have 3 more interviews schedualed and would hope I hear back from Wayne before I travel to all three
HI Guys,
Im applying from Ontario Canada, and I was complete september 11th. Wayne state has all of my information, transcripts, evaluations etc. I have pharm experience, crazy extracurrics, 90+ PCAT and 3.7+ GPA.
Why haven't I received an interview yet? Do they really favour in-state students that much?
I think i overheard that half the class is instate or something. It might just be hearsay but at the information sessions I went to, I also heard them say they have some partnership with Windsor or something like that, and those who went to WSU from Canada would also be given preference. I heard that a number of years ago.
I think i overheard that half the class is instate or something. It might just be hearsay but at the information sessions I went to, I also heard them say they have some partnership with Windsor or something like that, and those who went to WSU from Canada would also be given preference. I heard that a number of years ago.
The have a partnership with windsor? does that mean they favour u of windsor applicants? what about other universities in ontario.. like toronto or waterloo? Im just anxious.. i have no clue what to expect. Its my first time applying and I have no idea where to get this info.. the school websites dont give out very much..
although they staff is helpful when I call.. they are still pretty vague
I GOT ACCEPTED!!! even though i didn't apply there.J/k guys
. I read about the posts and I just want to calm you guys down. I know how it feels to wait for school's reply. Hang on tight!
Ugh! So mean! J/k...I know I need to calm down. I mean I have only been waiting two days..but it seems forever
. I've become an SDN addict.The have a partnership with windsor? does that mean they favour u of windsor applicants? what about other universities in ontario.. like toronto or waterloo? Im just anxious.. i have no clue what to expect. Its my first time applying and I have no idea where to get this info.. the school websites dont give out very much..
although they staff is helpful when I call.. they are still pretty vague
WSU offers residents of Ontario instate tuition, except for med and pharmd students 🙄 sucks i know.
And don't lose hope about WSU👍...I got an interview invite today.
You should hear from them soon enough.
Cheers!
Wait so there are no more interviews after the 17th???? Last year they ran until mid march...
but hey i cant complain cuz i got one too on the 17th!🙂
but hey i cant complain cuz i got one too on the 17th!🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
good luck everyone! Well seeing that the last day of interviews is feb.17 this is a good sign because this means we should be hearing back very soon.
Are you sure feb 17th is the last day?
I thought Wayne State was on rolling admission?
I got the interview invite today! YAYYY!!
I scheduled it on Feb 17 10:30a.m. Anyone is going at the same time?
Actually the lady said it's last day for interview.
Actually I'm going to be going at that time too 🙂
Actually I'm going to be going at that time too 🙂
God I hope so, not to be mean but man I'm so sick of waiting just to hear anything
God I hope so, not to be mean but man I'm so sick of waiting just to hear anything
Haha no worries I get it, I had been going for months just to find out if I had gotten an interview! I can imagine that it only gets worse after the interview is over 🙄
Got an interview too for wednesday at 10 am!
SO EXCITED!
are there interviews in march as well?
SO EXCITED!
are there interviews in march as well?
Haha no worries I get it, I had been going for months just to find out if I had gotten an interview! I can imagine that it only gets worse after the interview is over 🙄
God it sucks, but anyway good luck and RELAX they are very nice over there
Hey guys,
This is my first post although i have been following this forum for quite a bit now. I just thought i should let you know that today i received an email saying i was accepted into wayne state.
Thank you for all your help over the past couple months.
pateldev222
This is my first post although i have been following this forum for quite a bit now. I just thought i should let you know that today i received an email saying i was accepted into wayne state.
Thank you for all your help over the past couple months.
pateldev222
Hey guys,
This is my first post although i have been following this forum for quite a bit now. I just thought i should let you know that today i received an email saying i was accepted into wayne state.
Thank you for all your help over the past couple months.
pateldev222
How were your stats if you dont mind me asking?
my stats are as follow
International student (Canadian)
-4.0 gpa
-pcat 76 overall
-few volunteering hours
-felt i had a really good personal statment
International student (Canadian)
-4.0 gpa
-pcat 76 overall
-few volunteering hours
-felt i had a really good personal statment
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my stats are as follow
International student (Canadian)
-4.0 gpa
-pcat 76 overall
-few volunteering hours
-felt i had a really good personal statment
Congrats my friend!!! hey one more thing when did you interview?
For anyone who has had their interview, was your interview really short? I had mine yesterday and it was a weird feeling because it only consisted of like three questions😕
For anyone who has had their interview, was your interview really short? I had mine yesterday and it was a weird feeling because it only consisted of like three questions😕
That's normal mine was like 15 questions, one after another!
Hey guys,
This is my first post although i have been following this forum for quite a bit now. I just thought i should let you know that today i received an email saying i was accepted into wayne state.
Thank you for all your help over the past couple months.
pateldev222
Congratulations! May I ask when did you interview?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 9K
- Question
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 6K
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
E

J/k guys
. I read about the posts and I just want to calm you guys down. I know how it feels to wait for school's reply. Hang on tight!