Wayne State University Alternate List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katelyn030

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on the Wayne State University, Michigan alternate list. Does anyone know the chances of getting accepted off of this list?? And is the alternate list ranked??

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a Wayne M4, and I was accepted off the alternate list in 2012. I'm not sure if the alternate list is ranked or if changes have been made to the admission criteria since I was accepted but this was the deal when I going through the process. You were given a number value based on a variety of factors (stats, interview, possibly some intangibles). People were accepted my year in order based on that number, with the folks holding the higher number value getting the priority for acceptance. I don't know if it's true or just hearsay but they possibly are interviewing more people this year than they have in the past. There has historically been quite a bit of waitlist movement, particularly later in the season when people have to choose just one school at which to matriculate. I know people in my year who were admitted very late in the cycle in 2012, even up to a day or so before orientation. It's not that easy to be patient with this process but there's really not a whole lot you can do at this point except wait for decisions to come.

I'm on the Wayne State University, Michigan alternate list. Does anyone know the chances of getting accepted off of this list?? And is the alternate list ranked??

Reactions: 1 user