wayne state vs. albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeffsimz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
what do you guys think? I will be an out of state student at Wayne so $$$ won't really be a deciding factor......as always, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Jeff

Members don't see this ad.

I would go to Wayne state you are in the city. If you go to albany there probably isnt much to do. Plus Wayne State is a pretty good school.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks bubbajones......sorry to keep bumping this up but does anyone else have any advice....any help would be appreciated

Jeff

I'm bitter because both schools rejected me. At least they had to decency to do so without asking for any secondary app. fees. Albany asked but never cashed the check. I'd go with Wayne state if I had the choice.

im not too sure on albany, but i have heard repeatedly that the clinical experiences you recieve at wayne is very good. so that is always a good thing to have for your med school education.

All I can tell you is that I really like Wayne, and it's true...I feel like I'm getting excellent clinical exposure, even as an MSII

Albany has great Clinical training, 80-90 % match to their top three choices. Its a great environment, and I am completely biased because Albany actually accepted me...

Do you want to work in a inner city environment? I would go to Wayne State the facilities and teaching is great. Albany from what I hear is $$$$ Good luck man.