Ways to keep up with field

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hfzballer11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
PGY-1 here set to start PM&R residency in 2018 with the goal of interventional pain. Just a quick question to the people here. How do you guys keep up with the field? What do you subscribe to to keep tabs on the new research, procedures, literature, etc. So far this forum has been my only source of this, and it has been very helpful but I was wondering what else I can be doing.

Any subscriptions to journals, people/orgs to follow on social media, etc? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Go to your regional SIPP meeting. Almost every state has one now. If you can go to one of the big meetings that would be good too.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
i go to the meetings, but it doesnt seem like things change all that quickly

The Read app is a nice way of becoming aware of interesting papers. Honestly, there aren't that many high quality papers in any given year in interventional pain medicine.
If somebody wanted to start a journal club thread in this forum to highlight interesting new papers, I would participate.

Reactions: 1 user
The Read app is a nice way of becoming aware of interesting papers. Honestly, there aren't that many high quality papers in any given year in interventional pain medicine.
If somebody wanted to start a journal club thread in this forum to highlight interesting new papers, I would participate.

Awesome idea. I'm in.