WBC level and infection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joygirlx105

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
This is my first time posting here. And I need your opnion on this matter.
My dog had vaginal prolapse surgery and she has high level of WBC. The technicians have tried two different kinds of antibiotics but the number of WBC keeps going up. :idea: She must have bacteria that is resistant to those antibiotics.

And we kept her at Emergency hospital for two days and when I visited her she looked so scared. I think she was scared because everytime somebody approaches her they either took her blood sample or did something unfamiliar. I am sure she is in good hands but I worry since she's so old. And I am wondering if new environment is stressing her out. I personally believe that more comfortable she is, she is going to recover faster. AH!!! I feel so helpless and sad that I cannot do anything to help her. :confused:
Anyway, I was wondering if it is better to take her home and keep her on antibiotic and bring her to the vet when her blood is needed for blood test.
What do you guys think?
Is there such thing as antibiotic pill instead of giving it to her through IV?
which one is better? or do they have same effect?

Oh my gosh.. I am breaking down. I had her for 15 years and I cannot do anything for her. I wish I was sick instead of her...

Members don't see this ad.

Please refer to your regular or consulting veterinarian for this issue. SDN policy is that the forums do not serve as a source of medical advice but rather as a community for student discussion.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.