WCU-COM vs LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grasshopperking

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been accepted to William Carey and also just interviewed at LECOM. I will have to submit a $3000.00 tuition deposit to William Carey before I learn weather I've been accepted to LECOM. Also, I think I would prefer the Lecture based curriculum at either school over the PBL or ISP at LECOM. I felt much better about the feel of the school at William Carey. Does any body see any real disadvantage to going to William Carey, I know that I would joining the second ever class there but the program and faculty really seem to be great.

Members don't see this ad.

As a first year student at WCU-COM, obviously I'm a little biased but I think you should definitely come here. Most of the bumps in the road that come along with a new school get worked out by the first class (we are the guinea pigs) so you don't really need to worry about that. You already have the acceptance if it was me I wouldn't turn down a sure thing for a maybe. If you have any specific questions or concerns about WCU I'd be happy to answer them.

shhhhh! LECOM could be listening.... :laugh: WCU looks good to me! some people might worry about not having graduated a class yet, and LECOM is really cheap. but for real, WCU is going to graduate a class, become fully accredited, and you would be happy there like you said. I say go for it

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey

I noticed that you had to make a decision between LECOM and WCU-COM. I am currently facing the same decision. I was wondering what made you choose WCU-COM over LECOM? I have been accepted into both schools. I loved WCU-COM during my interview. Moreover I never interviewed at LECOM-Erie. I was offered a seat because I was in the LECOM-Bradenton waitlist. The only thing I am really concerned about is WCU-COM is such a new school. I was wondering what made you choose WCU-COM?

Well: as a lurking faculty member! We here at William Carey are accomplished; new and energetic; students come first; and our institutional mission is paramount. Check out the qualifications of our faculty. Assess our new from scratch physical plant. Ask yourself: want to be in the fore-front of a new school that WILL soon be recognized as one of the very top schools of osteopathy?

If you desire to assist in the medical care of the central South US with an emphasis on osteopathic principles? - WCUCOM should be your choice.

Reactions: 1 user
Well: as a lurking faculty member! We here at William Carey are accomplished; new and energetic; students come first; and our institutional mission is paramount. Check out the qualifications of our faculty. Assess our new from scratch physical plant. Ask yourself: want to be in the fore-front of a new school that WILL soon be recognized as one of the very top schools of osteopathy?

If you desire to assist in the medical care of the central South US with an emphasis on osteopathic principles? - WCUCOM should be your choice.

These things are the very things that sold me on WCU-COM. (The faculty AVERAGES over 20 years teaching experience in medical schools)