WCU DPT Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WestCarolinaCat

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I just thought I'd start up a post for anyone who has been accepted and plans on attending the Western Carolina DPT program starting in the fall of 2014. I just found out that I was accepted, and I plan on attending. Is there anyone else in the same boat? Just wondering who else is a future Catamount?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I accepted via email a few weeks ago :) I haven't gotten a confirmation since then though...

Hey Guys!
Congrats on getting in! I'm currently a first year attending at WCU, and I thought I would put up a post to both congratulate you and answer any questions you might have about the program.

Best!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my acceptance email. Does anyone know if there is a Facebook page for the class yet ?

Okay, facebook group is called WCU Physical Therapy Class of 2017

Hey! I am having problems finding the group. Congratulations on being accepted you guys!

For those of you who have committed to the class of 2017 at Western, or any student currently attending, I'm truly curious as to what was the deciding factor on choosing WCU? I'm deliberating between Western and Elon and am having a very tough time. The financial difference is huge, but I'm still considering Elon despite such a difference. Your thoughts on the program would help immensly!

Chose WCU for a few reasons. I will list the main reasons for me, but I will have bet you have considered these reasons as well.

1. Tuition Cost.
2. Facilities at WCU are pretty great. They just opened a new Health and Human Science Building about a year ago and the building is pretty awesome. The classrooms and the labs inside seem topnotch as well.
3. Small class size. 32 people seems like a good number to me. Get to know your professors better this way as well.
4. Last reason for me is moving somewhere warm. I am from Minnesota, having temperatures below freezing 1/3 the year is not very fun. So I am looking forward to the climate as well as the scenery in Cullowhee (the mountains).
5. "Catamounts" is a really cool mascot.

p.s I have absolutely no knowledge about the program at Elon, so I wouldn't be able to compare the two. Hope it helps!

That really does help, thanks a lot for that WestCarolinaCat! On another note, does Western Carolina offer NC loan forgiveness?

Google cfnc fels grant ... $14000/yr free money if you're a nc resident and go to a nc school doctorate program. You just commit 1 year to work in nc for each year you take the grant. That's 42k free money over 3 years.