We should get to journal too!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kushkeeee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think it would be very helpful if we were able to keep journals online the way the med students do. I read through some of the medical students' journals and I can't help but feel something like this would be terribly helpful for those of us thinking about grad school in psych. It would be interesting, not to mention informative, to read about the entire process, from taking the GRE's and applying to schools, to being accepted and taking classes. Does anyone know if there is a way to set this up?

Members don't see this ad.

Kushkeeee said:
I think it would be very helpful if we were able to keep journals online the way the med students do. I read through some of the medical students' journals and I can't help but feel something like this would be terribly helpful for those of us thinking about grad school in psych. It would be interesting, not to mention informative, to read about the entire process, from taking the GRE's and applying to schools, to being accepted and taking classes. Does anyone know if there is a way to set this up?

As close as it gets:

http://www.apa.org/students/

http://gradpsych.apags.org/

You may want to contact the moderator of the clinical psychology forum or SDN itself with this suggestion.

Great idea but I'm not sure it would fly well, particularly given the lack of confidentiality. Two problematic scenarios for me:

- unlike med students, grad students' lives revolve around the mood swings of their supervisor - I can just imagine one of my former supervisors logging in to find out what I thought of him.... grhhhhh

- those of us in clinical do therapy with individual clients would not be able to discuss anything about the experience....to be honest, reading some of the med students' detailed info about their patients' age, sex, occupation, illness and medical history made me cringe.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Kushkeeee, the past week I sent a message to Daniel Imler (he created the medical student diaries) suggesting psych student diaries. I suggested a site not only for clinical psych, but a site where students in all areas of psychology (health, neuro, etc) could write about their experiences.

Sent him an e-mail, he wants to know how to promote the site to us, psych students. He thinks there wont be enough psych students who would like to write on the site, once it is created.

What lazure says is true, I commented the confidentiality issue to Daniel, it is something we have to keep in mind at all times. May be by writing without giving our names, changing situations, etc, it would be a way to get past the confidentiality issue.

I dont know, it is just a suggestion. If any of you know of any way that would allow psych students to keep an online diary, please let Daniel Imler know.

MTpsych :)

MTpsych said:
Kushkeeee, the past week I sent a message to Daniel Imler (he created the medical student diaries) suggesting psych student diaries. I suggested a site not only for clinical psych, but a site where students in all areas of psychology (health, neuro, etc) could write about their experiences.

Sent him an e-mail, he wants to know how to promote the site to us, psych students. He thinks there wont be enough psych students who would like to write on the site, once it is created.

What lazure says is true, I commented the confidentiality issue to Daniel, it is something we have to keep in mind at all times. May be by writing without giving our names, changing situations, etc, it would be a way to get past the confidentiality issue.

I dont know, it is just a suggestion. If any of you know of any way that would allow psych students to keep an online diary, please let Daniel Imler know.

MTpsych :)

Why not just post your questions and experiences in this forum?