We were given the wrong exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Plznthx

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice here.

I'm a P3 and today in my therapeutics class we were given the wrong exam. How do I know it was the wrong exam? A) There was a significant portion of material on the test that was never covered in class, and B) After the exam, the professor sent out an email confirming that it was the wrong exam.

The worst part is that their solution is to curve it. It's still going to count for our grades. A test meant for a different class is going to count for our grade.

Is there somewhere I can report this? Any agency or governing body I can report this to? This can't be okay.

Members don't see this ad.

Follow your student handbook's chain of command for student concerns.

Give your school every chance to fix this before going to ACPE.

Reactions: 1 user
Might want to wait and see your grade first before you get too worked up. I think its unlikely they would fail anyone under these circumstances.

Members don't see this ad :)
Might want to wait and see your grade first before you get too worked up. I think its unlikely they would fail anyone under these circumstances.

The faculty for my program has been unprofessional with us before, I have no faith that they'll try to make up for this on their own.

Our school had the same thing happen before, they gave everyone 100% on the material that wasn’t lectured over. So, if it was 20 questions on the exam that you weren’t taught, you got those 20 correct automatically.

Make sure your voice is heard in correcting the issue to the appropriate faculty. Strength in numbers (bring a lot of peers).

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Our school had the same thing happen before, they gave everyone 100% on the material that wasn’t lectured over. So, if it was 20 questions on the exam that you weren’t taught, you got those 20 correct automatically.

Make sure your voice is heard in correcting the issue to the appropriate faculty. Strength in numbers (bring a lot of peers).

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Giving everyone 100% still doesn’t make the situation fair. Some people might spend more time on the unlectured material than others, resulting in a shorter time limit for the actual material.

I used to hate it when my undergrad professors put uncovered material on exams. Their excuses were usually “you should know it from previous courses”. While that’s true, my grade for the class should not suffer because I don’t remember something from a previous class.

Did no one question the examiner during the exam? I had this happen to me once (given the wrong test for another class); pointed it out/questioned the examiner after a good minute or two looking at a few questions seeming "off-topic" & was given the correct test (end of story).

Did no one question the examiner during the exam? I had this happen to me once (given the wrong test for another class); pointed it out/questioned the examiner after a good minute or two looking at a few questions seeming "off-topic" & was given the correct test (end of story).

We were explicitly told that asking questions was not allowed, and if we tried to leave the room (even for bathroom breaks) we would not be allowed back in the room to collect our computers.

The professor ended up determining that everyone failed so hard that it was impossible to curve, so we have to take another exam to make up for it. Fantastic.

We were explicitly told that asking questions was not allowed, and if we tried to leave the room (even for bathroom breaks) we would not be allowed back in the room to collect our computers.

The professor ended up determining that everyone failed so hard that it was impossible to curve, so we have to take another exam to make up for it. Fantastic.

That seems like the fairest solution to me. What were you hoping for?

Reactions: 1 users
I agree and they should make it open book. I also heard since Naplex scores are decreasing across the board they are considering making the Naplex open book since schools are accepting everyone. What a trash school. Well good luck with your retest. The school can’t run without students, the class needs to come together and take a stand. Anyways keep us posted.
ONLY the squeaky wheel gets oiled

Not a bad idea actually.

Pharmacy practice itself is an open book.

You should have aced the wrong exam anyway!

That seems like the fairest solution to me. What were you hoping for?

That was definitely what I was hoping for. I was mainly upset that they were not going to try to remedy their mistake.

Not a bad idea actually.

Pharmacy practice itself is an open book.

It really should be. I've spent so much energy memorizing guidelines that don't even exist anymore. (Looking at you, JNC-8).

You should have aced the wrong exam anyway!

Is this sarcasm?