Weakness in Pathophys

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LadyLightning20

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I have about a month left before my test and I am a little concerned because in UW, my biggest weakness is the "pathophysiology" category - my average in that is about 20% lower than my overall average. (yikes!) This also came up as a weakness elsewhere, so it seems pretty consistent. I am not really sure how to approach this. If it were biochem or cardio I would know what to study, but this seems like it would be harder to correct because it crosses a lot of domains.

Any ideas on how to deal with this?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Depending on how much time you want to invest, Pathoma and Goljan (audio + Rapid Review book) are good options.

Pathoma does a good job of covering the basics of path and pathophys in about 35 hours of high-yield lectures. And I usually watch his lectures at significantly increased speed (but it seems like his speech gets faster towards the end of the course).

Goljan, of course, is the gold standard when it comes to USMLE path review... but the problem is that the book might be too long for you to cover in one month while still doing other things. If you feel like you're happy with your scores in the other sections of UW, you could dedicate the time to it... but if I had one month left in which to learn pathophys and also study generally, I'd probably watch all of Pathoma and do another run through FA. Or watch Pathoma and do the DIT course.