USMLE Exam is in 6 days, should I push back?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anti_Markovnikov

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am scheduled to take Step 1 on March 30th. I have taken 4 NBME exams and I'm not sure whether to push this exam back or not. Here are my results with percent chance to pass in a week:

1. NBME Form 29 - EPC 44
  2. NBME Form 28 - EPC 54 (63% chance to pass) taken 3 weeks ago
  3. NBME Form 30 - EPC 65 (96% chance to pass) taken a week ago
  4. NBME Form 31 - EPC 59 (84% chance to pass) taken today
I have yet to take free 120's, but I'm nearing the end of dedicated. I have different schedules drafted in case I need to extend my dedicated period for up to another month. Let me know what you guys think.

Members don't see this ad.

I understand you maybe feeling disappointed seeing your EPC go down from 30 to 31, but try not to let it disturb you too much. I took 4 NBMEs and trended up from low 60s to high 60s and passed. I think your progression is mostly solid and likely gives you a good chance of passing. I think you should review NBME 31 and see why you missed what you missed and take the free 120 like 3 days before your exam date. Assuming you do well on that, I think you'll be good to take the exam.

I also highly encourage reviewing each of these NBMEs again and review the free 120 after you do it. It may prove very useful on your actual exam.

I think with those scores you should be good to go!