Wearing contact lenses for myopia while reading/working with PC

Started by ptr
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptr

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

first sorry for a little bit off-topic question - I'm not an eye care professional or a medical student but rather a patient. But I think that there are many experts on this forum who could help me.

I have myopia and use extended wear contact lenses (Biofinity, PWR -1.00). I also spend many hours working at a computer.

My UK ophthalmologist said that I should NOT wear the lenses while I am working with computer or reading because it could worsen my myopia. Is that true?

Thanks,

Peter
 
Hello,

first sorry for a little bit off-topic question - I'm not an eye care professional or a medical student but rather a patient. But I think that there are many experts on this forum who could help me.

I have myopia and use extended wear contact lenses (Biofinity, PWR -1.00). I also spend many hours working at a computer.

My UK ophthalmologist said that I should NOT wear the lenses while I am working with computer or reading because it could worsen my myopia. Is that true?

Thanks,

Peter

Yikes! No
 
Hello,

first sorry for a little bit off-topic question - I'm not an eye care professional or a medical student but rather a patient. But I think that there are many experts on this forum who could help me.

I have myopia and use extended wear contact lenses (Biofinity, PWR -1.00). I also spend many hours working at a computer.

My UK ophthalmologist said that I should NOT wear the lenses while I am working with computer or reading because it could worsen my myopia. Is that true?

Thanks,

Peter

Did you ask your ophthalmologist why they said that? Their rational?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

first sorry for a little bit off-topic question - I'm not an eye care professional or a medical student but rather a patient. But I think that there are many experts on this forum who could help me.

I have myopia and use extended wear contact lenses (Biofinity, PWR -1.00). I also spend many hours working at a computer.

My UK ophthalmologist said that I should NOT wear the lenses while I am working with computer or reading because it could worsen my myopia. Is that true?

Thanks,

Peter

This is not a site for medical advice or for second opinions.
 
Not sure that I would say it that strongly, but there have been some studies that have shown a relationship between time spend on near activities and myopic progression. So, it may be true. Personally, I wouldn't alter anything.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.