Weeding Out Interviews.......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hop Toad

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which 5 would you NOT attend if all happen to come in?

JH
BW
MGH
BI
Cornell
Colulmbia
NYU
Mt. Sinai
U Penn
Duke
Yale
Wash U
U Mich
Emory
Cleveland Clinic

Members don't see this ad.

well, my guiding principle is location, so do you really want to live in cleveland (with a program that has had its problems), or ann arbor (with absolutely nothing to do)? Also, we have several fellows at my school from Yale, and I have not heard great things about their program...

If I were you, I'd nix:

NYU
sinai
yale
cleveland clinic
BI

Members don't see this ad :)
JohnD -
That's pretty much how it might work out due to scheduling problems so it's good to know that maybe I should do that anyway.

asm3 -
I have pretty much decided that I do not want to live in a college town, so agree on Ann Arbor, but did not make this decision until I already booked the flight, so I guess I'll go there. Cleveland has always been at the bottom of my list.

Thanks for the input. Any more thoughts?

if you are at all interested in cardio, i urge you to reconsider ccf.

i agree with the previous post.

if you're interested in gi, sinai's one of the best. both ccf and sinai are excellent programs and i'd go to either one over bi, emory, mich, or wash u. then again, you probably have an excellent shot at the brigham or jhu so you can probably afford to be selective.

I'm a little bit interested in why you'd nix BID johnd - anyone else's comments?

I'm starting to think that I really don't want to live in a college town any longer. 8 years is enough. So maybe Duke and Michigan are places I should cut?

What is New Haven like? Not that Yale has sent an invite yet.

St. Louis was not too exciting.

Anyone else already interview at Wash U?

I'd nix:

NYU

Duke

Emory

Cleveland Clinic